Audiopipe 3000.1 vs sundown 1500.1

I'm not sifting through all 7 pages of crap so I'll probably be repeating something. But, the bottom line is the AP3000.1 is going to do more power cleanly than the SAZ1500.
Hell, even AP 1500 vs. SAZ1500 the AP will put up a good fight. And here's a twist for the thread, I've actually owned and used both. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif For the price, the AP is a very strong amp. For less than half the price of the SAZ the difference is very minimal and you'd have a hard time discerning which was which. Surprisingly the AP runs cooler than the sundown did. The sundown is a stout amp, if you can afford it. But 7 out of 10 people are going to be just as happy with the AP.
Would be willing to bet you could set anyone in there and have them try and guess which is which and they couldnt tell...
Im willing to bet I could tell the difference based on SQ alone.

Those arent the amps we are comparing...
Oh so now its a different story. Just because an amp does rated power doesnt mean it will sound good, have minimal distortion, or even do rated power without clipping. We know the Sundown does more than rated power without clipping. Nobody has a clue about the AP doing rated power without clipping. How can you say its not comparable to a Boss or Xplode based on that alone? Boss, Xplode, and AP could all clip before doing rated power making them similar and perfectly comparable.

There are bench tests out there that say the AP amps dont do rated power. Perhaps those are numbers before clipping which would make them under rated and even more similar to an Xplode or Boss amp.

Idk but if u can obviously hear a difference why not take those 2 amps to Richard Clark and win his 10,000.. Just saying..
That test was done under normal listen conditions without clipping. The Audiopipe doesnt do rated cleanly . Therefore its not the same as his test.

That test was done under normal listen conditions without clipping. The Audiopipe doesnt do rated cleanly . Therefore its not the same as his test.
Well obviously which was never part of the reason for this thread. But any amp nonclipping will do clean enough sound so u can't hear distortion. Even if the AP does 2k max nonclipped it's still more than the sundown by a few hundred which I can guarantee is more than 2k but regardless for his needs he should be happy with AP and of anything by it and sell both and get a more quality 2500ish amp.

That test was done under normal listen conditions without clipping. The Audiopipe doesnt do rated cleanly .
That's the whole point of that test and most any test....under normal listening conditions without clipping, 1watt to 1watt...clean signal, all things being equal.....

This arguement has been on going for age's and it looks like it will continue on in some form or fasion as well...hell and the bandwagon issues will always be there too, it's all a matter of preference! Heck I remember when I first joined this forum back in 02' I dared suggest to another member that was looking for a cheap inexpensive sub that would perform, a Hollywood Excursion sub and BOOOOOOYYYYYYYYY did I get blasted because it wasn't one of the boner's, back then the "perferred" cheap sub then was the Adire Tempest I believe....lol those were the good ole days of this forum hahahah...but anyway again it's all personal choice......

Oh so now its a different story. Just because an amp does rated power doesnt mean it will sound good, have minimal distortion, or even do rated power without clipping. We know the Sundown does more than rated power without clipping. Nobody has a clue about the AP doing rated power without clipping. How can you say its not comparable to a Boss or Xplode based on that alone? Boss, Xplode, and AP could all clip before doing rated power making them similar and perfectly comparable.
There are bench tests out there that say the AP amps dont do rated power. Perhaps those are numbers before clipping which would make them under rated and even more similar to an Xplode or Boss amp.
All class D amps will sound the same if driven within the amps limits, A 500watt Zapco will "sound" the same as a 500 watt Boss, of course thats if they are both clean 500w..The parts used are more for the longevity and piece of mind, but even cheap parts will last if driven within there limits..

The Ap will do 3k clean, the Saz will do 1.5k+ clean..

To nutthuggers and sq guys you know the truth accept it.. At the end of a day "a watt is a watt" (if the amp is driven within its limits)

Well obviously which was never part of the reason for this thread. But any amp nonclipping will do clean enough sound so u can't hear distortion. Even if the AP does 2k max nonclipped it's still more than the sundown by a few hundred which I can guarantee is more than 2k but regardless for his needs he should be happy with AP and of anything by it and sell both and get a more quality 2500ish amp.
The Sundown SAE1200D benched at 1700+ non clipped power you think the 1500 doesnt do any more than 2000wrms without clipping. If the AP did 2000wrms without clipping at 14.4v the Sundown is clearly going to do more clean power. The 1500D benched at 1510wrms at 1 ohm on 12.4v. At 12.8v it benched 1635. Thats 125wrms increase with a .4 increase in voltage. Take 14.4v and subtract your 12.8v. You get 1.6v increase. Divide that by .4v since that was the increment that determined the 125wrms increase. You get 4. 5x125wrms nets you a gain of 500wrms increase from 12.8v to 14.8v. Thats 2135wrms out of the Sundown cleanly over the AP 2000wrms.

This is obviously not very scientific, but its a rough estimate based on math.

To be honest this whole thread is pointless since we dont know what the AP benches at cleanly. Having a 3000wmrs amp is useless if it clips at 1500wrms. We do know the 1500D benches at 1510wrms@1 on 12.4v without clipping.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

All class D amps will sound the same if driven within the amps limits, A 500watt Zapco will "sound" the same as a 500 watt Boss, of course thats if they are both clean 500w..The parts used are more for the longevity and piece of mind, but even cheap parts will last if driven within there limits..

To nutthuggers and sq guys you know the truth accept it.. At the end of a day "a watt is a watt" (if the amp is driven within its limits)
Ive seen bench tests where the AP doesnt even do rated power.

This is in no way true what so ever. Perhaps more seat time with wider array of amps will allow you a different perspective. I can tell the difference in amps in my cars when we try something different.

If you believe a watt is a watt your just full of yourself when considering the internals of an amplifier and how they differ in a vast amount of ways. Perhaps you should do more research and testing prior to attempting to educate anyone with such false information. If you would like to swing by a show I'm at, I can prove my point as we swap out over 20 amps to compare.

This is in no way true what so ever. Perhaps more seat time with wider array of amps will allow you a different perspective. I can tell the difference in amps in my cars when we try something different.
If you believe a watt is a watt your just full of yourself when considering the internals of an amplifier and how they differ in a vast amount of ways. Perhaps you should do more research and testing prior to attempting to educate anyone with such false information. If you would like to swing by a show I'm at, I can prove my point as we swap out over 20 amps to compare.
I have used many many many amps in completley different setups, and very similar ones..Read and understand what I stated, get your head out of your own A.S.S and understand dont just read over it...A clean 500w is a clean 500w no matter where it comes from, If its not, go find Richard Clark and get paid, until then the truth will set you free. Just becasuse you build boxes doesnt mean you no how stuff works

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.