Audiopipe 3000.1 vs sundown 1500.1

Arent the 1500 strippable? If so keep the 200 and buy a used sax 1500 an strap

u will not find a saz 1500 for less then 275shipped usually.

Also, the dirty power argument is played out and worthless until somebody does a great amp challenge or something to see which amps will and won't do dirty at rated, until then the argument is invalid.

u will not find a saz 1500 for less then 275shipped usually.
Also, the dirty power argument is played out and worthless until somebody does a great amp challenge or something to see which amps will and won't do dirty at rated, until then the argument is invalid.
termpro bro, termpro.

u will not find a saz 1500 for less then 275shipped
True but safe side 300 I'd still strap.. I mean think. Sax are much more efficient which will obv drawess current meaning less voltage drop which will give u more power to run with maybe 100 more watts. And on top of that sax are under rated by atleast 200 so with both strapped I'd say 3k + or - 500 more.

BUT all this irrelevant IMO if u don't have a ho alt or a massive bank of batteries bcuz it won't get past half without a voltage plunge...

I've used both amps but most recently the Audiopipe. I was really surprised how well the amp did. I had it on 2 custom 3hp 12's and it sounded "clean" as hell. Sundown is Sundown, very well built, does more than rated, etc. I think it depends on how much room you have and how much power you want. If you don't care about space, want more power, and don't want to spend as much than go with the Audiopipe IMO.

Now if you're comparing a Sundown 2500d or 3000d, than Sundown all the way.

? nuthuggery from me? hardly broski.. and i'm still trying to figure out where you're getting that as I don't recall grasping any nuts of ANY brand in a long while..lol AP does do rated.. clean however.. debatable... you jelly it sounds over... well i'm still not sure what, but i'm glad you got to express your emotions, maybe you should try the doing your girl in the butt thread there. Sad.
Not jealous over anything, no reason to be. Its funny how people just re-say everything they hear on the internet though and spew it as the truth. Like I said, where is your proof, bro? Until I see proof the AP doesnt do clean rated power, you fail. As far as the Sundown being the better amp....Why? Because it has a higher price tag? Because it does more than rated?(Easy for a company to just underrate their products so it looks this way...) Who wouldnt double their power and still make money off it? Thats all I wanna know. OP could buy the AP for 200, sell the Sundown for 300 and pocket the 100 dollar difference and have more upgrade room in the future. Sounds like a win-win to me?

MJ the Sundown and AP are worlds apart, so you need to go sit down in the corner think about your bad attitude then come back and say sorry to my friend.

Now go!
Why are they worlds apart? Just wondering. Lets see proof the Sundown is worth more money for half the power. Even if the AP only does 2500 "clean" RMS that is still 1000 more than the Sundown and 100 bucks less....

Not jealous ov...blah blah blah.
decided to not address the nuthuggery comment? nice. I don't need to provide you with proof lol.. if you can't find it yourself with the big ol' interwebz.. then you shouldn't be on it. The sundown uses better parts, has a better board layout/design.. and hogs a lot less current (with 2 compared to the single 3000 ) but since we are on the subject.. the 3000 is just two 1500s strapped already, so let's do that with 2 1500s and check power then? no.. i'm sure you'll whine about the huge price difference then or so many other odd variables that will amount to jackshit. This argument is nothing more than you accusing me of nuthuggery.. yet running ap yourself lol. Srs Business broski. Stay jelly. nothing wrong with either amp.. but i'd prefer the zenon based.

Also,

come%20at%20me%20bro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I don't feel like doing all the work, please feel free to fill in the blanks

The Sundown SAZ 1500d will work from 10v to 18v the Audiopipe AP30001 will work at ?, the Sundown will work from 0.35 ohm up the Audiopipe will work down to ? ohm before burning up, the Sundown 1500d is rated at 300w @ 4 ohms, the Audiopipe is rated at something like 1500w @ 4 ohms. The Sundown is half the size of the Audiopipe The Sundown is strappable, the Audiopipe is not.

Shall I continue grasshopper?

I have personally owned 16 Sundown amplifiers (8 1500s, 6 3000s. and 2 100.2s), and I have installed/played with tons Audiopipe 1500s, 1800s, and 3ks. I even owned an Audiopipe 3k.

They are both good amps. Obviously if I was going for a world record, Id rather have a Zenon amp in my truck that I can put serious voltage into and wire down to a crazy low ohm load to squeeze out every ounce of power. But in a real world setting, just listening to music in the average music car, with a 14-15v electrical system, a realistic ohm load (2ohm on the AP3k and 1ohm on the other AP amps), the AP is a great amp for a great price. If youre trying to gain a few tenths by running your amp at 18.8v, wiring it to a .25 nominal load, and burping it on minimal battery power, obviously the Sundown is going to win hands down. No contest there. Thats like saying a Mustang GT will beat a Focus in a drag race. Everyone knows that. But if you run the Sundown at a realistic ohm load (1ohm, maybe .7) and run a realistic voltage into it (a standard 12v electrical system around 13.5-14.4v), the Audiopipe is going to put out more power.

Everyone says the AP does "dirty" power. If the radio/amp settings arent right, yeah, any amp will do dirty power. And maybe the THD is a little higher than the Sundown, Im not sure. But it cant be too dirty, because I was running an AP3k @ 1.4ohm to a pair of Ascendant Audio Chaos 18s (rated at 800w rms) and they took the power with no fuss. If it was dirty power, almost double RMS would never have worked and I would have just been frying speakers left and right. That wasnt the case, everything was just fine. And it had to be doing at least some sort of respectable power... I was at 150db @ 37hz no wall with a single AP 3k on 2 batteries, not dropping below 13.3v. So it also seemed quite efficient. It stayed cooler than any sub amp I have EVER ran as well.

So my advice would be listen to what people say who have actually owned/used these amplifiers first hand. The majority of people on these forums are so "enlightened" that they will say whatever... Whether its "Kicker is garbage!", "All car audio shops ****!", etc. They sound like they are part of the in-crowd. It may sound cooler to go to a meet and tell someone you run an active front stage with a DIY component set, with a custom built frankenstien subwoofer with a linear motor system, underhung quad voice coils boasting ultra low inductance and superior xmax, xmech, and a lower Fs then the other guy at the show, with quad sewn in tinsel leads, running in a 6th order quasi isobaric tapered voigt line transmission wave guide powered by a Zed built amplifier an old school PPI Art series amplifier on your active front stage, all powered by a high output alternator with an XS Power D3100 and a VCM. (Did I miss any forum boners there?)

But lets be honest. The guy with 12 Kicker CVR 12s on 2 Audiopipe 3ks with tractor batteries and a bunch of pro audio speakers doesnt care, because he has a crowd around his car watching him do nasty hairtricks. Hes actually loud, minus all the stupid technical jargon ******** that doesnt mean anything to anyone, except someone just as infatuated with all that stupid holier than thou ******** as yourself.

/rant.

Okay i already have the saz 1500.1 but have the chance to pick up the pipe 3000.1 ... I run 2 15 mtx 8500. The saz does just fine but I can get the audiopipe pretty cheap (200). Black model. I don't know much about these audiopipe amps except it seemed everyone was buying them cuz how cheap they are. So jw which I should go with. Thanks
dont compare AP to SA thats like comparing pyle to FI

AP is a good amp for its price though dont get me wrong.. i would take the SA amp over it all day though

I'm so tired of hearing this crap about how good sundown is. I had a sax-100.2 and an a/b comparison to my usacoustics usx-2100 yielded the sundown to be a SQ nightmare compared to my usacoustics. sundown = korean made junk just like all the other companies using the same buildhouse. AQ , crescendo , and a few others. its all zenon based boards with run of the mill parts inside. Sadly enough , this is the best stuff on the market today. (thats somewhat affordable) what happened to the good stuff? usamps , mobile ES , PPI , zed audio (don't get me started on him , the levi and kronos are a joke , when a jl amp rated at half the power outdoes a 1000 watt zed , something is wrong , seriously , the **** was quieter than my lil bro's 500/1 in the same vehicle , same subs/box , same deck , same wiring , to make matters worse it would shut down within 2 minutes of high volume.) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I'm so tired of hearing this crap about how good sundown is. I had a sax-100.2 and an a/b comparison to my usacoustics usx-2100 yielded the sundown to be a SQ nightmare compared to my usacoustics. sundown = korean made junk just like all the other companies using the same buildhouse. AQ , crescendo , and a few others. its all zenon based boards with run of the mill parts inside. Sadly enough , this is the best stuff on the market today. (thats somewhat affordable) what happened to the good stuff? usamps , mobile ES , PPI , zed audio (don't get me started on him , the levi and kronos are a joke , when a jl amp rated at half the power outdoes a 1000 watt zed , something is wrong , seriously , the **** was quieter than my lil bro's 500/1 in the same vehicle , same subs/box , same deck , same wiring , to make matters worse it would shut down within 2 minutes of high volume.) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
your USAcoustics is an awesome oldschool amp that was and is often over looked, but to sa Sundown is junk is crap. I am not jumping on the sundown boner bandwagon, I like it because it is exactly the opposite of the "crap" you refer to it as. Are there "cleaner: amp out there? sure. Are there cheaper amps, absolutely! Are threr better values, very possibly. Is Sundown "crap" absolutely not! I would love to see your comparison, as I am an old schooler, I have been in this since 300w was a big system, since the only thing there really was, was SQ, because 130 db was LOUD. I know SQ, and I am able to achieve fantastic SQ with Sundown.

I have personally owned 16 Sundown amplifiers (8 1500s, 6 3000s. and 2 100.2s), and I have installed/played with tons Audiopipe 1500s, 1800s, and 3ks. I even owned an Audiopipe 3k.
They are both good amps. Obviously if I was going for a world record, Id rather have a Zenon amp in my truck that I can put serious voltage into and wire down to a crazy low ohm load to squeeze out every ounce of power. But in a real world setting, just listening to music in the average music car, with a 14-15v electrical system, a realistic ohm load (2ohm on the AP3k and 1ohm on the other AP amps), the AP is a great amp for a great price. If youre trying to gain a few tenths by running your amp at 18.8v, wiring it to a .25 nominal load, and burping it on minimal battery power, obviously the Sundown is going to win hands down. No contest there. Thats like saying a Mustang GT will beat a Focus in a drag race. Everyone knows that. But if you run the Sundown at a realistic ohm load (1ohm, maybe .7) and run a realistic voltage into it (a standard 12v electrical system around 13.5-14.4v), the Audiopipe is going to put out more power.

Everyone says the AP does "dirty" power. If the radio/amp settings arent right, yeah, any amp will do dirty power. And maybe the THD is a little higher than the Sundown, Im not sure. But it cant be too dirty, because I was running an AP3k @ 1.4ohm to a pair of Ascendant Audio Chaos 18s (rated at 800w rms) and they took the power with no fuss. If it was dirty power, almost double RMS would never have worked and I would have just been frying speakers left and right. That wasnt the case, everything was just fine. And it had to be doing at least some sort of respectable power... I was at 150db @ 37hz no wall with a single AP 3k on 2 batteries, not dropping below 13.3v. So it also seemed quite efficient. It stayed cooler than any sub amp I have EVER ran as well.

So my advice would be listen to what people say who have actually owned/used these amplifiers first hand. The majority of people on these forums are so "enlightened" that they will say whatever... Whether its "Kicker is garbage!", "All car audio shops ****!", etc. They sound like they are part of the in-crowd. It may sound cooler to go to a meet and tell someone you run an active front stage with a DIY component set, with a custom built frankenstien subwoofer with a linear motor system, underhung quad voice coils boasting ultra low inductance and superior xmax, xmech, and a lower Fs then the other guy at the show, with quad sewn in tinsel leads, running in a 6th order quasi isobaric tapered voigt line transmission wave guide powered by a Zed built amplifier an old school PPI Art series amplifier on your active front stage, all powered by a high output alternator with an XS Power D3100 and a VCM. (Did I miss any forum boners there?)

But lets be honest. The guy with 12 Kicker CVR 12s on 2 Audiopipe 3ks with tractor batteries and a bunch of pro audio speakers doesnt care, because he has a crowd around his car watching him do nasty hairtricks. Hes actually loud, minus all the stupid technical jargon ******** that doesnt mean anything to anyone, except someone just as infatuated with all that stupid holier than thou ******** as yourself.

/rant.
Glow, MJ asked why they were worlds apart, and what you have stated is exactly why. Yes the AP will fit the bill of getting the job done, but that was not the question.

your USAcoustics is an awesome oldschool amp that was and is often over looked, but to sa Sundown is junk is crap. I am not jumping on the sundown boner bandwagon, I like it because it is exactly the opposite of the "crap" you refer to it as. Are there "cleaner: amp out there? sure. Are there cheaper amps, absolutely! Are threr better values, very possibly. Is Sundown "crap" absolutely not! I would love to see your comparison, as I am an old schooler, I have been in this since 300w was a big system, since the only thing there really was, was SQ, because 130 db was LOUD. I know SQ, and I am able to achieve fantastic SQ with Sundown.
you missed the part where i said its some of the best affordable stuff on the market these days. i just hate how the nuthuggers think the buck stops at sundown like its manna from the audio gods. (not directing that comment at anyone ITT , just saying in general)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.