Audiopipe 3000.1 vs sundown 1500.1

Well guys. Thanks for all the info. I'm still in a toss up. I only have 150 into my sundown cuz like that guy before me said local idiots hard up for money. Haha. So i think ima buy the audiopipe. And just see if I like it. If not sell it. Sorry to start all the arguments between you guys. But seems everyone is pretty even on which one to buy. No clear cut answer.
I thought the question was whether to by the AP or not, as which one to by would actually be a whole different argument. LOL

If your Sundown is wired to .5, just sell it and buy the AP 3k. If your Sundown is wired to 1ohm, you cant get a 2ohm load, and the AP 3k will not work. If you can get a 2ohm load, just buy the Audiopipe. If you dont like it, Ill buy it from you.

I have a burned up Ap30001d collecting dust. It seems like it cracked under pressure when I cranked the volume. I would say quality is an issue. I understand budget is a factor, but it is totally worth it to save up another $300 to get a Crescendo BC3500. I ran the AP for a long time at 2ohm per channel. When I dropped to the minimum ohm load it didn't last that long. I have 2 Db Drive amps strapped on the same subs and they are still going strong.

running a 2 ohm amp at 1 ohm....yea seems like its the amps fault. NOT! i had 1 at 2 ohms and it rocked. never tried it at 1 never felt the need to. 3k was good.

vid of clamping

I had the AP30001D...the black one, and it maxed out my two custom-built TC Sounds/Eclipse SW9122 3hp subs all day without a hassle. I'm talking about 3" peak to peak excursion with power to spare. I sold them and the new owner's two Zapco 1100.1s can't even do close to that.

Most of the people talking trash about the AP3k don't even own one and they just "heard" it from some dude on the internet. Does it do 3000 watts RMS? Phuck yes if not more. Dirty power? How about you shut the hell up and go find out what THD and clipping means? I went and bought an AP3k because I hate people who talk about something that they don't have. I had two Recoil RED1000.1s and the AP3k was definitely louder than the two combined by a long shot. Mine played just fine, however I do realize that most people don't take care of their equipment as much as I do(I haven't had an amp go into protect for years) so maybe it isn't as idiot-proof as the Sundown but comparing a Sundown 1500.1 to the AP3k in terms of power output is like comparing a Honda Civic EX to a Hyundai Genesis V6 coupe. The AP will output hella more power than the Sundown 1500.1, period. The Sundown 1500 can only dream of making 3000 watts and the AP3k will make 3000 watts if you can keep up the voltage around at least 13v at full tilt.

To say the AP3k is a power hog is moronic. Any amp that can make over 2000 watts is technically a "power hog" because it takes power to make power and to make a true 2000 watts @ 80% efficiency and 13v will require 200 amps (my math is probably off but close enough). If your voltage drops below 12.5v with any amp with your engine running then you have no rights of saying anything because you can't even get the basics right. I ran two batteries when I had a Crossfire CFA1000D and the AP likes at least 3 batteries. If you want to talk about a power hog then don't even say anything until you've owned an US Amps USA-2000X which I'm sure you never will, that amp drew power like a drunk girl looking for some d!ck at 2AM who tries to get you to go for round 2 after you've already passed out from giving her the pony ride for half an hour.

I just came back from the bar so all you AP hater can come at me bro, because you don't know jack.

Last edited by a moderator:
it'll be a cold day in hell before I read all that ranting/whining. The End.

Further more, no.. you come at ME bro. U MAD.

Glow, MJ asked why they were worlds apart, and what you have stated is exactly why. Yes the AP will fit the bill of getting the job done, but that was not the question.
Sorry guys, late to the party, was at work last night. I havent read the whole thread yet but I agree 100% with what Galacticmonkey said. Ok, the Sundown is better for all out SPL applications, but worth hundreds more for a Joe Schmoe running MTX subs? I really dont think so, dude. The AP would put 100 bucks in his pocket(after selling the SA) AND give him more room to upgrade down the road with double the power.

This thread is full of lulz and nuthuggery.

Id pick neither. Id pick up a pair of matching old school Cadence class A/B amps like the A7HC or the Z1200's or one of the older Eclipse amps. I forget which model it is but it wires down to 2 ohms bridged and is "rated" for 1200 or 1400@2 bridged. Any of these 3 amps mentioned are under rated by a good amount.

Nuthuggers.jpg

What happened to a dollar a watt? I own a ZR, Studio, Zed OptiDrive, "The Beast", and they all performed better then the amps I had before. I have owned plenty of the new stuff, and the sound quality is noticeable on a daily setup on 9122's.

running a 2 ohm amp at 1 ohm....yea seems like its the amps fault. NOT! i had 1 at 2 ohms and it rocked. never tried it at 1 never felt the need to. 3k was good.
If you're talking to me, it was the amp's fault. I know what I'm doing! I said 2ohm each channel. The amp is stable at 1ohm per channel. Audiopipe wouldn't even fix it because the warranty was up, and I was trying to pay them to fix it. It sounded good while it was working. I also had the 4 channel AP amp. It kept getting hot shutting off, and the cooling fan never came on. I replaced it with a Rockford power t3002, sq was way better and it never cut off.

Well I'm comparing these two ampS because I have the one already and can get the other very cheap. It's just a matter of which one. I run 2 15 mtx 8500s dvc...
If you have 2 dual 4 subs, then the Sundown is the better option, hands down.

If you're talking to me, it was the amp's fault. I know what I'm doing! I said 2ohm each channel. The amp is stable at 1ohm per channel. Audiopipe wouldn't even fix it because the warranty was up, and I was trying to pay them to fix it. It sounded good while it was working. I also had the 4 channel AP amp. It kept getting hot shutting off, and the cooling fan never came on. I replaced it with a Rockford power t3002, sq was way better and it never cut off.
you kno what your doing but burned the amp? what ohm load did i have AFTER the 2 ohm load on each?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.