At what Voltage drop does damage occur?

DD m2b they are crazy efficient like most all new dd amps .. and they will handle basically whatever voltage and ohm drop you throw at em / nutthugg over
I've always liked DD. Never owned any of their amps tho.

To many to list without price range.. I have 4 that fit ur needs FS right now.
I know I seen you have some for sale. If you still have them in a little while we can talk, just bought a new sub Thursday night.

This thread is a great illustration of how buying a good quality amp to begin with can cost you the same or less in the long run.

Yeah I bought this amp 3 years ago thinking that as long as I had a big amp I could get any subs I want. Boy have I learned a TON in the past few months just hanging out on this Forum. It's amazing what a little knowledge will do!! I plan on eventually upgrading to a VFL 150.1 but that's going to be a while, gotta get my voltage in check first. Don't want to burn up this amp before I get a chance to sell it for a down payment on the VFL =)

batts should be the same manufacturer , and same model ideally

if they are not bought new they should be tested to see both are good before installed

sams club = duracel agm battery size group 31 = $175

they are made by deka

lotts of guys run that battery - they all seem happy with it.

can you hook up that battery and keep your stock under hood battery as well ? yes

is it the most ideal thing to do - no but it will work for the time being until you want to replace your front battery with agm.

sams club = duracel agm battery size group 31 = $175they are made by deka

lotts of guys run that battery - they all seem happy with it.

can you hook up that battery and keep your stock under hood battery as well ? yes

is it the most ideal thing to do - no but it will work for the time being until you want to replace your front battery with agm.
Excellent! Thank you for dumbing that down for me, lol =) I'll go get 2 of them from SAMs club

FML....there isn't a SAMs club within 200 miles that carries that particular battery. I'll have to see if they will special order it for me

ONLY AVAILABLE IN AL, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, VA, AND WV

I'm getting ready for a new build. What's some good amps to run ? Looking to probably run 2 2-3k amps. Any that are not super power hungry ?
Assuming you're going to be running at or below 1 ohm nothing will be terribly efficient. You should more be looking for reliability, customer support, and potential resale value down the road. Sundown 2500D or the DDm3 would be my top picks in that power range.

Assuming you're going to be running at or below 1 ohm nothing will be terribly efficient. You should more be looking for reliability, customer support, and potential resale value down the road. Sundown 2500D or the DDm3 would be my top picks in that power range.
Ok cool. I have been out of the car audio game a while, I had systems but nothing big for quite some time. What's the sundown retail around ?

saz2500 and ddm3a have been used on the fourms between 500 and 700 more if they are mint - if you find one less than 500 you better jump on that cause it wont last at that price. ( the fed ex man just brought me a ddm3a today actually : )

origonal poster - this crappy kenetik battery was under my hood of my 72 plumouth 6 cylinder car. the only battery it had. it started the car and all.

was tiny for a battery - and weighted hardly anything. im NOT saying to get this battery - but just to say that agm batterys are superior to wet cell batts in what they are capable of for their size.

HC800 Kinetik High Current Power Cell Battery HC 800 | eBay

speaking of size - when it comes to agm batterys there are alot of copy cats out there putting their sticker on the same product as someone else

so generaly speaking i go by the weight and actual dimensions of the batterys - search around the net to find the lowest price on that size and then try and get the best deals. i kno buying batterys *****. i just bought three 62pound batterys size group 31 from someone i kno localy that deals in batterys $170 each no core was a fair buy in my opinion but i needed batterys and was tired of trying to get the best deal / battery for the buck / vs shipping or whatever...

in my corvette i had a optima yellow top up front - and the kenetik 800 in the rear compartment. they worked fine together - even tho they were 2 diffrent batterys of diffrent ratings and sizes - alot of guys say you have to have all matching batterys or else this and that... and to some extent - yes they are correct in the most perfect scenereo ever laid out -we can have 10 of the same battery all bought at the same time - hooked up at the same time - so that no one battery pulls more load or draw or suffers more than any other battery in the group... but the bottom line is that most of us are running whatever batterys we can get our hands on and are doing ok like that.

this place does not seem to have the BEST prices on the net - but they may have clearence from time to time on some batterys

Miscellaneous, Capacitors items in battery store on eBay!

another good site - always check for sales or clerence

12v Car Audio Batteries & Deep Cycle Power Cells

anyone else want to share links to battery purchace on line please help op out

I had major voltage drop last week, down to 11.4v, and smoke appeared from under the hood. My Transpo regulator took a dump.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif

Ok cool. I have been out of the car audio game a while, I had systems but nothing big for quite some time. What's the sundown retail around ?
I'd expect either would retail for around 900$ or more. I'd be looking more towards used or refurb personally.

Worth mentioning, I'm not sure what your goals are or what subs you plan to run, but consider in addition to the cost of the amp you will need some electrical upgrades to run 5-6K. You should carefully consider the cost/benefit of doubling up power after 2-3K point. Going even used price on amp(s) and middle of the road price on battery, you're potentially shelling out a grand for what may amount to 1 or 2 clicks more on your volume knob.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.