At what Voltage drop does damage occur?

I'd expect either would retail for around 900$ or more. I'd be looking more towards used or refurb personally.
Worth mentioning, I'm not sure what your goals are or what subs you plan to run, but consider in addition to the cost of the amp you will need some electrical upgrades to run 5-6K. You should carefully consider the cost/benefit of doubling up power after 2-3K point. Going even used price on amp(s) and middle of the road price on battery, you're potentially shelling out a grand for what may amount to 1 or 2 clicks more on your volume knob.

As of right now I'm going to run 3 DD 8's. So probably for the mean while I'll look for a 2k amp. Was Looking at the AB VFL 120.1 & AQ 2200. I know there are so many to choose from which makes it hard lol.

saz2500 and ddm3a have been used on the fourms between 500 and 700 more if they are mint - if you find one less than 500 you better jump on that cause it wont last at that price. ( the fed ex man just brought me a ddm3a today actually : )
origonal poster - this crappy kenetik battery was under my hood of my 72 plumouth 6 cylinder car. the only battery it had. it started the car and all.

was tiny for a battery - and weighted hardly anything. im NOT saying to get this battery - but just to say that agm batterys are superior to wet cell batts in what they are capable of for their size.

HC800 Kinetik High Current Power Cell Battery HC 800 | eBay

speaking of size - when it comes to agm batterys there are alot of copy cats out there putting their sticker on the same product as someone else

so generaly speaking i go by the weight and actual dimensions of the batterys - search around the net to find the lowest price on that size and then try and get the best deals. i kno buying batterys *****. i just bought three 62pound batterys size group 31 from someone i kno localy that deals in batterys $170 each no core was a fair buy in my opinion but i needed batterys and was tired of trying to get the best deal / battery for the buck / vs shipping or whatever...

in my corvette i had a optima yellow top up front - and the kenetik 800 in the rear compartment. they worked fine together - even tho they were 2 diffrent batterys of diffrent ratings and sizes - alot of guys say you have to have all matching batterys or else this and that... and to some extent - yes they are correct in the most perfect scenereo ever laid out -we can have 10 of the same battery all bought at the same time - hooked up at the same time - so that no one battery pulls more load or draw or suffers more than any other battery in the group... but the bottom line is that most of us are running whatever batterys we can get our hands on and are doing ok like that.

this place does not seem to have the BEST prices on the net - but they may have clearence from time to time on some batterys

Miscellaneous, Capacitors items in battery store on eBay!

another good site - always check for sales or clerence

12v Car Audio Batteries & Deep Cycle Power Cells

anyone else want to share links to battery purchace on line please help op out
Brian! Thanks for all of your help and going to the trouble of posting links. I appreciate you taking the time to look those up for me. It appears that my thread has been slightly hijacked and detoured, thanks for staying on track with me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Do you have any idea what my Super Start Extreme battery under my hood is rated for as far as Amp hours? All I could find was cranking amps and cold cranking amps. I'm not really sure that it even matters. I'm leaning towards just finding any AGM 31 of any type and putting it in the trunk. I just don't know what size is necessary...I'm not sure if an HC-800 would be large enough to make a difference in my application? I don't want to spend $180 just to have to buy another larger on shortly down the road. On the other side, maybe it's all I need. I'm not experiencing any headlight dimming at the moment and my voltage hasn't seen below 12v "Yet" but from what I've read it's only a matter of time. The Super Start AGM 31 at Oreilly's Auto Parts is $230, maybe I'll just get that one because it's local and I know it's plenty big?

Super Start® Fleet & Heavy Duty AGM31DT - Heavy Duty AGM Battery | O'Reilly Auto Parts

But I'll keep an eye out for anything on clearance at the sites you mentioned as well as browsing the classified on a couple sites.

UPC: 83996014213

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 800 CCA

Group Size (BCI): 31

Height (In): 9-3/8 Inch

Length (In): 12-15/16 Inch

Width (In): 6-3/4 Inch

Voltage (V): 12 Volt

Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 800 CCA

Cranking Amps (CA): 1000 CA

Group Size (BCI): 31

Height (In): 9-3/8 Inch

Length (In): 12-15/16 Inch

Width (In): 6-3/4 Inch

Terminal Type: Top Post

Voltage (V): 12 Volt

any battery you add to the system will help. how much depends on how much your peticular car / amp / electrical combo needs.

you could get the job done by adding small 20 amp hour batterys until you find the right amount of them that works

but it would be kind of crazy weird having 9 small batterys all hooked together in the trunk vs one or 2 big agm batterys.

you might only need an extra 120 amp hours of agm battery - maby less maby more only way to find out is test.

but

more will not hurt. actually having slightly more battery than you need at bare minimum will allow you to play longer and harder - while keeping your equipment in the safe zone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.