At what Voltage drop does damage occur?

Ok, so the battery is number 1 priority then alternator it next? Do I need anything special to run this second battery? Like an isolator?

You would want to match the size of your stock battery. This way you don't get drain down or anything like that. As for the alt. If you have the $ for the Mech or other. 100% do it. The think to keep in mind it is a issue of alternators wear down and need to be changed out from time to time, and eve more if your beating on it with a system. To me you don't have to have a competition alt if your just banging around the block. I like to use the GM AD244 250 amp because it is a heavy duty alt and you can get them for $150. with a year warranty.

You would want to match the size of your stock battery. This way you don't get drain down or anything like that. As for the alt. If you have the $ for the Mech or other. 100% do it. The think to keep in mind it is a issue of alternators wear down and need to be changed out from time to time, and eve more if your beating on it with a system. To me you don't have to have a competition alt if your just banging around the block. I like to use the GM AD244 250 amp because it is a heavy duty alt and you can get them for $150. with a year warranty.
Any alternator should fit right? Might have to fabricate a bracket but in theory any alt can work? I have a friend who's a mechanic that I call macguyver and I bet if I can get something close, he can make it fit. I don't really have $400 to blow on a mech man and another $250-$300 for a battery so any corners I can cut would be great.

I wonder who could tell me what alt would work for my car other than a specified dodge intrepid alternator

My Modded D3's would run into low 11's and play with no problem.

both at .5 would rape my voltage from 14.2 to 11.7 in no time.

Any alternator should fit right? Might have to fabricate a bracket but in theory any alt can work? I have a friend who's a mechanic that I call macguyver and I bet if I can get something close, he can make it fit. I don't really have $400 to blow on a mech man and another $250-$300 for a battery so any corners I can cut would be great.
I wonder who could tell me what alt would work for my car other than a specified dodge intrepid alternator[/QUOT

a 250 amp AD244 GM alt you can find $150. on Amazon. If you could fit it. They are great alternators.

I wonder who could tell me what alt would work for my car other than a specified dodge intrepid alternator
Alt will help with issue just have 100's to spend. Batt will help also(more than u think) an cost rd $200. If u were running a lot of power I'd say alt an batt. But with ur power a solid 100+ah batt will be just fine.

This thread is a great illustration of how buying a good quality amp to begin with can cost you the same or less in the long run.
I'm getting ready for a new build. What's some good amps to run ? Looking to probably run 2 2-3k amps. Any that are not super power hungry ?

Try to cross reference your motor or alternator to a Dodge truck, van or SUV. They always run larger alternators. I didn't see anything of hand for your car. Just what you already have. You want to step up the amps of the alt..

That seems beyond the realm of my skills. Of course I surprised myself with the sub box I built for my two ab xfl 12s so maybe I could do it. I would need someone to tell me "It should fit" and I could probably make it happen
That's good to hear man .. sometimes I wonder when these guys have 0 desire to learn to do anything them self yet sign on to annoy people here everyday ... I personally would grab a dc or singer alt tho .. those are the only 2 companies I don't know someone personally with a horror story about

I'm getting ready for a new build. What's some good amps to run ? Looking to probably run 2 2-3k amps. Any that are not super power hungry ?
DD m2b they are crazy efficient like most all new dd amps .. and they will handle basically whatever voltage and ohm drop you throw at em / nutthugg over

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.