are my tweeters blowed

fast85_gt

Banned
ga
i was bumping loud and my tweeters shut down and smelled hot do my xovers have a built in protec if so what do i have to do to get them to come back on or are they blowed the 5.25 mids still play is it possable they will come back on they are on 100 x2 zapco amp

If you dont have +1000 posts no one will respond to you.
But yes, they will work with your Xover.
This guys ounds like a genius, hence why no one responds to him.

You need to find the cutoff frequency of the crossover for the tweeter. The short answer is yes the tweeter will work, but if the cadence tweeters had a lower cutoff, you may not get the full range from the tweeter. If it cuts off too high, you could damage the tweeter playing frequencies that the tweeter was not designed to produce.

I'm going on a limb and saying you are going to be safe as the JL's should be a better tweeter and be fine.

Passive crossovers are designed to work with a driver that has a specific ohm rating (impedance). You have to match the impedance of the blown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif tweeters to the new ones. You would be surprised how many tweeters on component sets aren't the standard 4 ohms.

If the JL tweeters are 4 ohm and the Cadence were 8ohm (or vice versa), the resulting crossover frequency on the passive will be way different. Just make sure that they are the same ohm rating. If you look at the specs for your tweeters, the information should be there, usually listed as "Re".

Passive crossovers are designed to work with a driver that has a specific ohm rating (impedance). You have to match the impedance of the blown //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif tweeters to the new ones. You would be surprised how many tweeters on component sets aren't the standard 4 ohms.
If the JL tweeters are 4 ohm and the Cadence were 8ohm (or vice versa), the resulting crossover frequency on the passive will be way different. Just make sure that they are the same ohm rating. If you look at the specs for your tweeters, the information should be there, usually listed as "Re".
i know what the cadence comp. set ohms are they are 4 ohms but the jlaudio tweeters i dont know about but what is the worst thing that can happen

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.