AQ HDC3 15s or RE Audio SX 15s

Re3xxx

Sep 1, 2010
Muncie, IN
Okay I need help. im trien to decide which subs to go with for my next build. Iv really been thinking about going with the AQ HDC3s but i want to be sure before i do.

My idea was three Re Audio SX 15s with a 1500 watt rms amp on each one. I know a guy who did it and he was hitting 162 dbs.

My other idea was 3 AQ HDC3 15s with a AQ2200 on each one.

My only delima is which one is going to hit higher dbs? i know the RE's can get into the one 160s but what can the AQ do?

I need help from someone who knows alittle bit about about both brands.

Please let me know what you guys think. thanks

OP
Re3xxx

Re3xxx

Sep 1, 2010
Muncie, IN
Hey guys just let me know your opinions and what you guys think would be best for higher dbs. Also its not a huge thing but i really like the RE audios sound quality, is AQ sound Quality just as good? similar? worse? better? lol

Kangaroux

I put on
Dec 26, 2010
Maine
are you competing? the box is gonna play a huge part in how it will perform. if you wanna do comps you can get the AQ aluminum coils and push even more power to them for burps.

OP
Re3xxx

Re3xxx

Sep 1, 2010
Muncie, IN
eh honestly not a hole lot of competing. At least not anything to big. Ill do a few comps around where i live but not to much more than that. And ill be going with a ported box

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
AQ, no second thoughts

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

If you're not competing then you are probably not going to be in the 160's. 160's are ridiculous.

kr15

Polluting Residentials
Feb 17, 2010
California
AQ, and even more so if the REs are the newer ones...and your friend either didnt do that number on a TL or was in a strictly spl setup

OP
Re3xxx

Re3xxx

Sep 1, 2010
Muncie, IN
idk much about it but he hit 162 db when they where first put in. he competes around where i live. heres pics of everything

Dirtrider4eva

√\_The CaUsE__
Mar 13, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
i have an RE SX 12. its a great sub. i like how it sounds, digs the lows well. ive never dealt with audioque, but ive heard them to be more punchy and SPL orientated.

If you wait a few motnths, or contact AQ, theyre releasing the AQ HDC3D, which has a new 4" coil, comes in 15 and 18s so far as confirmed, possibly a 12.

also, theyve been rumored for 4000 to 6000 watts. id wait for them bad boys. of course the HDCS are currently on sale at AQ for cheap.. cant go wrong with any of the subs

bgowdy

HE NEEDS SOME MILK
Apr 7, 2011
Campbellsville, Ky
RE is ok. i would go with the AQ hands down. They hit high or low. what ever you are wanting them to hit. ive had Re's but they dont compare. they are good sql subs to. its all about the build.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds