AQ HDC3 15s or RE Audio SX 15s

Re3xxx
10+ year member

Okay I need help. im trien to decide which subs to go with for my next build. Iv really been thinking about going with the AQ HDC3s but i want to be sure before i do.

My idea was three Re Audio SX 15s with a 1500 watt rms amp on each one. I know a guy who did it and he was hitting 162 dbs.

My other idea was 3 AQ HDC3 15s with a AQ2200 on each one.

My only delima is which one is going to hit higher dbs? i know the RE's can get into the one 160s but what can the AQ do?

I need help from someone who knows alittle bit about about both brands.

Please let me know what you guys think. thanks

Hey guys just let me know your opinions and what you guys think would be best for higher dbs. Also its not a huge thing but i really like the RE audios sound quality, is AQ sound Quality just as good? similar? worse? better? lol

are you competing? the box is gonna play a huge part in how it will perform. if you wanna do comps you can get the AQ aluminum coils and push even more power to them for burps.

eh honestly not a hole lot of competing. At least not anything to big. Ill do a few comps around where i live but not to much more than that. And ill be going with a ported box

AQ, no second thoughts

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

If you're not competing then you are probably not going to be in the 160's. 160's are ridiculous.

AQ, and even more so if the REs are the newer ones...and your friend either didnt do that number on a TL or was in a strictly spl setup

idk much about it but he hit 162 db when they where first put in. he competes around where i live. heres pics of everything

2010-06-26%2013.56.41.jpg

2010-07-02%2012.18.46.jpg

2010-07-01%2017.43.13.jpg

i have an RE SX 12. its a great sub. i like how it sounds, digs the lows well. ive never dealt with audioque, but ive heard them to be more punchy and SPL orientated.

If you wait a few motnths, or contact AQ, theyre releasing the AQ HDC3D, which has a new 4" coil, comes in 15 and 18s so far as confirmed, possibly a 12.

also, theyve been rumored for 4000 to 6000 watts. id wait for them bad boys. of course the HDCS are currently on sale at AQ for cheap.. cant go wrong with any of the subs

RE is ok. i would go with the AQ hands down. They hit high or low. what ever you are wanting them to hit. ive had Re's but they dont compare. they are good sql subs to. its all about the build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.