Amplifer Help

Kinda reinforcing info that’s already been shared but Sa10’s will be better off In 750-1000 And are more spl. You like w7’s so w6’s Might be good for you but they are relatively expensive...idq’s Represent the middle I guess from output/sq and price but dudes with those subs like @Clifff150 and his pals have said they weren’t that impressed.

10”, small space Requirements, 600 watts, solid price....this seems like a solid consideration

Last edited:
I'm also looking at the new Alpine xw10. The seem.to.have all the right things for a nice SQL woofer but the need 900rms and I only have 600rms. Would that be fine?

Agreed on the Type S. Great little woofer and is an underrated woofer. Honestly, you have been given tons of options. I personally think your best bet is 2 10’s and I’d go Dayton HO.

Agreed on the Type S. Great little woofer and is an underrated woofer. Honestly, you have been given tons of options. I personally think your best bet is 2 10’s and I’d go Dayton HO.

Have you ever run the Dayton HO 10's? I picked up an Type S 12" ($100 pawn shop) and it sounded way better than the JL W6. I've also ran two older Dayton 10's in a 2004 Ford Explorer and it sounded great. I'm sure that two Type S 10's would be really nice as well. I also feel like some people like to **** on American Bass for whatever reason.

A type S sounding better than a W6 is 100% because of the box and setup. I haven’t owned the Dayton HO‘s but have heard them and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I don’t **** on AB (almost ran 2 TNT’s) but know there are other options

A type S sounding better than a W6 is 100% because of the box and setup. I haven’t owned the Dayton HO‘s but have heard them and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I don’t **** on AB (almost ran 2 TNT’s) but know there are other options

im a cheap a$$ so I would grab two tnt1044’s in a heart beat for $240 shipped but I try not to advocate too hard unless budget is a key factor.
TNT’s are 600 rms and sq soft parts vs an spl woofer like the xfl

Ok the Alpine Type S series is a lot more budget friendly and there right on the money of 600RMS that I want to run. My question is now is it better to run 1 12" Alpine Type S on 600RMS OR 2 10 Alpine Type S on 300RMS each for a total of 600RMS?

I'm kind of scared trying the Daytons since there pretty cheap and more of a home theater subwoofer. I'm not sure how well it would do in a car. I rather stick to mainstream brands that I can research and watch videos on like the Alpines.

I’d do 2 10’s over 1 12. The Type S are rated for 600 but they’ll do just fine on 300.

I understand you thinking Dayton HO is only built for HT but there are literally tons of reviews that show they work great in cars. My favorite part about them is that they love small boxes (space is always a factor for me)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.