Amplifer Help

MKIII7

CarAudio.com Recruit
I'm new to the forums and to car audio and I am looking to do a small set for my car. Its a 2020 Honda CR-V Touring edition. I'm looking to do a 5 channel amp and run everything off one amp. Also going to run two 10" or 12" shallow subwoofers in a sealed enclosure that's 1ft3 net volume per woofer ( 2ft3 total). I'm looking at either getting the Rockford Fosgate T1000X5AD or the Digital Designs D5.1500. Wanted your guys input on how theses amps are. The front channels are not too different as one does 100x4 and the other does 125x4. The main difference is the sub stage. The Rockford does 600RMS at 1ohm and the DD Audio does 680 @ 4ohms, 1000 @ 2 ohms, and 1500 @ 1 ohm.

If I go with the Rockford amp I was thinking of getting two 10" or 12" JL Audio TW3 at 1 ohm so thats 300RMS per woofer in a sealed box 1ft3 per woofer.

If I go with the DD Audio amp was thinking of getting two 10" or 12" Sundown Audio SD-4 either at 1 or 2 ohms and in a sealed box 1ft3 per woofer.

I do not but DD makes a great product. I guess it depends how wide your seat is underneath. Amp is kinda long at 17ish inches. I would just choose it due to the power it has on the sub channel and the flexibility

DD 5 channel is a rather large amp but they have a reputation for delivering very reliable amps. Seen one a few weeks ago at a show and the owner seemed very happy with it.

Then again Rockford T series amps are no slouch either. You may or may not wish for more power on the sub channel later. I use 5 channels with 300W ish sub channels in 2 of my cars and they're fine to keep balanced with the fronts. If I didn't have another vehicle that was very loud for when I want to get loud I'd probably want more in one of those other vehicles though.

Is there a reason you're set on shallow subs? Those almost never sound very good, you'd do better, if you could find 2.5 cube net with some mounting depth to pick one good high excursion 12" woofer than 2 shallow ones.

DD 5 channel is a rather large amp but they have a reputation for delivering very reliable amps. Seen one a few weeks ago at a show and the owner seemed very happy with it.

Then again Rockford T series amps are no slouch either. You may or may not wish for more power on the sub channel later. I use 5 channels with 300W ish sub channels in 2 of my cars and they're fine to keep balanced with the fronts. If I didn't have another vehicle that was very loud for when I want to get loud I'd probably want more in one of those other vehicles though.

Is there a reason you're set on shallow subs? Those almost never sound very good, you'd do better, if you could find 2.5 cube net with some mounting depth to pick one good high excursion 12" woofer than 2 shallow ones.

Well Im set on shallow subs because I have a family with small kids so I need the trunk. I was thinking either doing to a sealed box on both sides of the trunk wheel well or maybe do it in the little cubby spot right above the spare tire. I still want something that will sound nice but not too overpowering but can slam when I turn it up.

sealed box on both sides of the trunk
Will likely lead to some cancellation issues. Spare tire well is always a good option for "stealth" trunk builds, but do think about it. Those shallow subs are extremely limited as opposed to even a smaller diameter high excursion one.

Lastly there are some solid looking shallow mount options over at Partsexpress. If I were forced to use a shallow I'd probably shop there before buying most of the car audio branded ones I've seen.

Say if I don't stick to shallow subs I will probably run into depth issues when mounting. Is there any regular subs you can recommend that doesn't need to much depth. If I go with the Rockford amp I will need subs with the following. 300-400RMS and 1ft3 sealed box. The DD amp I have little more options as I can go 500 to 750RMS but also looking for 1ft3 sealed. Ive been doing research and find that in my power range depending on which amp I go with the JL TW3 and sundown SD-4 are my mostly likely my loudest options. If you guys know anything within my power range thats a regular sub and will work well in 1ft3 sealed let me know.

Im looking to something like this but in my CRV

I'm considering probably going 1 12" TW3 instead of 2 as maybe 300RMS isnt enough per woofer and going one would be 600RMS. I'm going to take some measurements but to see if I can fit a 12w6v3.

Amp wise would you take the Rockford or Digital Designs in my case? As of right now I'm leaning more towards the Rockford as I might do one sub instead of two. Maybe will also consider the 13TW5

I'm pretty much looking at JL because of the mounting depth which is one of the lowest Ive seen on the TW3. Im going after a nice sound quality build.

Also looking into Image Dynamics either the IDQ or IDMAX 12". The IDQ is 375RMS and the IDMAX is 500RMS but Ive seen websites saying continues RMS is 1000 specifically the IDMAX.

The sld series looks like a solid hybrid with depth savings in mind. Also that dd is 1000 watts to the 5th channel with all channel driven so you won’t get 1500 from the sub channel while powering your front stage.

A single sld 12 might perform well for you in an optimized enclosure

The sld series looks like a solid hybrid with depth savings in mind. Also that dd is 1000 watts to the 5th channel with all channel driven so you won’t get 1500 from the sub channel while powering your front stage.

A single sld 12 might perform well for you in an optimized enclosure

So let me understand this correctly. The DD amp will only do 1000 watts@2ohms and 120x4@4ohms. You'll only get the 1500 watts unless you don't you the front and rear channels?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.