Amplifer Help

ID Max says 1,000 but I’d do 500-750. IDQ I think says 500-600 but I’d do 350-400. ID stuff doesn’t need much power to get going. Also look at the ID subs.

ID Max says 1,000 but I’d do 500-750. IDQ I think says 500-600 but I’d do 350-400. ID stuff doesn’t need much power to get going. Also look at the ID subs.

So say I go for the Rockford amp. I could go with the idmax on 600rms built into spare tire well. Now the question is sealed or ported?

I always recommend porting when possible but only if you do it properly.

I'm kind of stuck between 1 12" JL tw3, idq or idmax, maybe a w6v3 if I can find one cheap.

If I go either idq or idmax. What size would you recommend for both of them ported? That way I can decide on space

If I go with the JL tw3 12" ported how big of a box would I need? Jls site says 0.95ft3 net volume
Companies generally understate volume needed. By the way....sld’s can be had for 114 or 123 (10 vs 12 inch. The tw3 is going to cost you just about 3x that...the idq double...:just sayin...:sundown doesn’t make bad ****.

also regarding that DD amp...its Rated At 1500 watts for all power driven to one channel

Companies generally understate volume needed. By the way....sld’s can be had for 114 or 123 (10 vs 12 inch. The tw3 is going to cost you just about 3x that...the idq double...:just sayin...:sundown doesn’t make bad ****.

also regarding that DD amp...its Rated At 1500 watts for all power driven to one channel

I just called DD audio to confirm this and they said that you can use 1500RMS @ 1ohm and still use 125x4 @ 4ohms for channels 1 to 4

well I stand corrected, you’d think that third rating on their site would be consitent snd the 4 channel output listed. That dd sounds like a beast tho

Last edited:
Yeah it does sound like one beast of a 5 channel amp but only problem is that its a very big amp and cant hide anywhere as its 18" long.

I'm considering the Rockford for the nice small compact size but deciding on which woofer to use on it. TW3, W6, IDQ, IDMAX

Ive decided that I'm most likely going to go with two 8" subwoofers which are the Image Dynamics IDQ and run them off 300RMS each. I'm also considering just going with one 12" Image Dynamics IDMAX and build it in the spare tire. Which do you think will sound the best and cleanest.

The two 8'" im going to run them ported in 1.75ft3 tuned to 33 hertz on 600watts total

The one 12" was planning on running it ported in 2ft3 tuned to 32 hertz on 600 or 1000watts depending on the 5 channel amp I get.

Im mostly after SQ like this video below where it sounds really good but not too overpowering. Also if I do have enough net volume might also do two 10" IDQ in a ported box in 3.2ft3 tuned at 33 hertz but would need to get the DD Audio amp to run them at 1000watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.