Amp-Sub Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

v6ncali

I'm running an Audiobahn A1801Q amp (800x1 watts max) to power 2 12inch Audiobahn AW1208Q subs.. The subs have Dual 2 Ohm Voice Coils and are sed to be able to operate on 1 or 4 Ohms. I didnt not install these, the shop where i bought them did. The way they connected them was they split the one channel into to. So there is a total of 4 wires. Each sub getting its positive and negative feed. Is this the best set up i can run?

So the positive and negative wires coming out of each sub are going to their own channels? If so, that is usually a higher impedence setting which means lower power but keeps the amp cooler. How many channels is your amp? And what is it stable at in terms of impedence. For example, my amp is 190W.2 @ 2ohms. Your manual should give you that information. How many ohms are your subs? Also, since your subs are dual voice coils, you're going to have many possibilities. Answer those questions and we can help you more.

The amp is a 1 channel 800 watt max amp. I got two wires running from each terminal going to a sub each, so that one channel is being split for each sub. The subs have dual 4 ohm voice coils and are said to be able to operate in 4 or 8 ohms. The amps specs are : 400x1 watts @ 4 ohms mono , 560 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms mono. That is all i can get from the website regaurdin the specs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.