2 ohm stable?

Participant count
  • Participant list
if your amp says it is 2 ohm stable it means u can hook your subs up to your amp to be @ a 2 ohm impedence level. usually an amp will put out more power if it is hooked up at 2 ohms rather then 4 ohm or 8 etc. the impedence load on an amp all depends on the subs and how they are wired. what is the impedence level on your sub(s)?? are they SVC or DVC??? what is your amp stable at?

thanks guys.

my subs are DVC's what does that have to do with 2ohm stable?

my amp manual tells me how to wire it up, and it can handle loads down to 2ohms.

i cant wait to start "playing" tomorrow!:p

how many ohm are your subs??? it all depends on what ohm your subs are, you have to wire the subs up a certain way to get it to be a 2 ohm load on your amp.... more then likely your sub manuel will tell you how to wire it up... write back to tell us how it goes

hi jacobs,

my subs are 4ohms... ha ha i've been too scared to wire them up yet.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

only the manual for my amp tells me how to wire it up.

will let you know... thank you!:p

heres a good dyagram on how to wire them up.... I don't think you can get two 4 ohm subs to be a 2 ohm load.... I am not 100% sure though. Hopefully one of the experts on here can tell me if I am right or wrong. as far as i know wire them up like this picture. just put the positive comming in from the box to a positive on one side and then the negative to the positive on the other side then the negative on that side to the neg n the box.... look at the picture you'll probably be able to understand it better. It will be a 4 ohm load on the amp. So try wireing them like that and write back to tell us how it works out

2dvcseries.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.