Amp/Sub pair help

I've built several inexpensive HT subs around that driver and other GRS woofers, they are surprisingly well-made!
thanks for all these links its great. i think im gonna go with the GRS since they are so cheap and use them for just a lil while but damn now i want to upgrade my sub/amp i didnt realize what i had was so cheap and what not i been using them since highschool(12 years ago) a p200.2 amp/PL1-212 sub i thought they SLAPPED. they did their job good though lasted so long with no problems ever.

thanks for all these links its great. i think im gonna go with the GRS since they are so cheap and use them for just a lil while but damn now i want to upgrade my sub/amp i didnt realize what i had was so cheap and what not i been using them since highschool(12 years ago) a p200.2 amp/PL1-212 sub i thought they SLAPPED. they did their job good though lasted so long with no problems ever.
At least you know the possibilities are within reach. That RF is probably putting out close to 150 a side, but the little Black Brick is at 370 x 2, really nice deal. I've used the GRS, be careful,, it needs a pretty big ported box. Sealed it works great too.

Sealed Volume1.2ft³
Sealed F340.6Hz
Vented Volume2.63ft³
Vented F322.2Hz

I use the 1.2 Cu. Ft. sealed with 1 lb of Acusta-stuff, turned out pretty darn flat to about 38hz outside the car, measured close to 33 in the car.

in this:

Amazon product ASIN B000KFY2Z4
Done.

Makes sense I use the amp and sub cause I got it free and came with my first car lol I've had them like 15 years never had a problem it bumps good enough for me I guess maybe I'll just buy 2 new subs same kind of the one that blew out they only 75w Fosgate then maybe I'll get upgraded amp/subs later thanks for help
I still have some Old school stuff that I really enjoy to this day. I still swapp amps and other gear I have from time to time and run for a little bit at a time. Its a great hobby that Ive been able to enjoy for years. Nothing is better than Free. And something that has lasted over 15 years is quite impressive. Id still run/utilize the amp since you enjoy it and if its still working just fine.. There are several subs to chose from for the replacements. Search and Enjoy what you have man. Run what you got!! If you want to upgrade in the future? This is a pretty good site to ask about whats out there and what others are running that are reliable within the same budget! Id be interested of what you choose and how well everything sounds. You may even be happy with some Dayton Audio subs even ? Worth looking into with a 5 yr warranty on most that they have to offer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...