Alpine type s vs. Kicker CVX

RokintypeRs
10+ year member

Missouri
Just wondering I am running 2 12 inch alpine type S subwoofers in a ported box with a Hifonics BE1700.1D. The type s are SWS-12D4 the New type s 2012 model and I am wondering if 2 kicker CVX's 2012 will hit harder with the amp I have. They hit hard but I am overpowering each woofer by about 350 watts or so and the cvx's will only be overpowered by about 100. Thanks.

wow dude. get the alpine type rs!!! they are such fantastic subs and are very cheap online from authorized sellers such as sonicelectronix at around 130-140 per sub.

and they handle all the power you want!

wow dude. get the alpine type rs!!! they are such fantastic subs and are very cheap online from authorized sellers such as sonicelectronix at around 130-140 per sub.
and they handle all the power you want!
I agree with you there but I don't like the way the new type R's sound. I have a friend with 2 of them 12 type R's and they just don't have the sound quality I like. I'm going to wait til the 2014 type R's come out and see what those sound like. I liked the old gen type r's and I was disappointed with the new type r's.

I agree with you there but I don't like the way the new type R's sound. I have a friend with 2 of them 12 type R's and they just don't have the sound quality I like. I'm going to wait til the 2014 type R's come out and see what those sound like. I liked the old gen type r's and I was disappointed with the new type r's.
Does your friend have a off the shelf box? If so you can get them MUCH better

So any updates on the subs you ordered? I've dealt with type r's in the past and they we're ok. I recently sold two 10" cvx's. They we're pushed with1400 watt hifonics power and it seemes like they sounded cleaner Imo. I recently heard two15" type r's in custom box and they really moved some air. But then again, that's two 15's in a custom box with lots of power..

Not new but a lurker but I would of went with sd sa's ,ssa dcon or gcon,Ia lethal injections, or tantric ld or md's evn though Ive never tried the tantrics yet.

They will all take rated power n then sum cleanly,I liked my 1k rms pioneers as a temp set up when im inbetween builds but i paid 70 for both new from a friend.

But the way they sound is pretty much box dependent, please dont put what u chose in a crappy prefab.Get a box tuned to ur music tastes and decide what u like better since u ordered both sets.

For what you say on those Pioneer's I was looking at them and they look very good. I haven't really heard of them though. If theyre RMS is 1000 and my amp is 1700 watts at 1 ohm, I would be underpowering them by 150 watts each and IMO, thats a bad thing, I was told never to underpower ANYTHING because it builds up heat too quickly and it will end up blowing. is this true? If not then I might as well lol.
Lol at underpowering comment and worrying that much on somethihg you won't be getting just from impedence rise alone among other reasons.

Are these champion pros that good?

Had a set of champions, they sounded great. Even in a bad box.

Have a 12 pro sitting around never mounted, (nfs) and didn't end up using it because I found a 12" Audiopipe txx that was still stiff and new, and if i remember correctly Audiopipe had more xmax at .551"

Considering making a compact 2-10 box for a REAL small trunk space and thinking about going with a set of 10 pros. Guy isn't huuuuge on sq, but I do know these sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.