Alpine type s vs. Kicker CVX

RokintypeRs
10+ year member

Missouri
Just wondering I am running 2 12 inch alpine type S subwoofers in a ported box with a Hifonics BE1700.1D. The type s are SWS-12D4 the New type s 2012 model and I am wondering if 2 kicker CVX's 2012 will hit harder with the amp I have. They hit hard but I am overpowering each woofer by about 350 watts or so and the cvx's will only be overpowered by about 100. Thanks.

It's all about the enclosure and tuning IMO, I think that with the right enclosure those alpines will sound just as good, if not better than the kickers... Overpowered or not, as long as they aren't getting too hot, smoking, or starting to smell after use - I wouldn't worry about over-powering them... How do you like that hi-fonics? Just curious, Never ran any of their products before...

I agree with you there but I think I should upgrade to two cvx's. I had it tuned with an o-scope but I can smell my subs burning lol. My friend told me to get cvx's because first they will last longer and secondly they will hit a little harder because of their power handling. I'm just trying to get other opinions.

They're $229 off of Online car stereo . Com. It'll take some time before I make the investment. They're still working so I'm just waiting for them to blow lol.

Btw, I had a hifonics HFi1000.1D before this BE1700.1D and the amp I have now is awesome! it's the brutus elite amp and it has all the controls I want. It does the job so I can't complain haha.

Well, That's not too bad I guess, but personally for that kind of money... I would get a pair of Pioneer Champion Pro TS-W3002D4 = $120 ea shipped - So it would be right in the same price range as those, and I can guarantee these will sound better and handle all that amp can dish out to them even @ 1 ohm with a beefed up electrical system. Sorry But I'm NOT a big fan of kicker - Never have been. Those pioneer's are my go-to sub for budget system building, they sound awesome, handle plenty of power, very durable, don't need a huge box to sound good, and they are CHEAP... Just my .02 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Btw, I had a hifonics HFi1000.1D before this BE1700.1D and the amp I have now is awesome! it's the brutus elite amp and it has all the controls I want. It does the job so I can't complain haha.
Nice, was just curious cuz I have a dude trying to barter a BE2500.1D to me for some of my equip. I have up for sale... IDK if I am going to do it or not, don't really NEED another amp right now, but wouldn't be a bad backup amp I'm thinking...

Why not type r's they are rated at 1000rms each and I would think they would sound better than those kickers
My amp is rated at 1700 watts at 1 ohm so I would be waaay underpowering the type r's for what they can handle. Honestly I am thinking about keeping this setup and saving up for some type r's but with a hifonics BE2500.1D. I think that would be better than what I got now.

stay away from kicker and alpine go for sundown,dc,ect :) quality **** thats made in usa :)
I hear ya on that man but I gotta tell ya they are soooooooooooo **** expensive. I was looking at a pair of Orion HCCA's and each one of them is about $600 or more per speaker!!! I mean HOLY $&!*!!! I think when I get a job that gives me more than 30 hours a week I might get some but until then I"m going to rock some Alpine's or Kckers.

IMHO, I don't really like recommending the mainstream stuff. A lot of the big companies have been compromised by cheap parts and overseas labor just to save the company some money, so I just don't think they're as dependable as other brands. However, if I were to give my input, I'd also lean you towards Pioneer. I've got a friend with a set and, for budget subs, they actually sound pretty good. The champions can sound pretty good on only 500w, and the Pro-champs sound even better on

1000w a piece. Plus, like NIHL8ION said - they're not too expensive.

(By the way, a discussion like this probably belongs in the 'Subwoofers' category instead of the classifieds. This section is more for people trying to sell subs.)

Well, That's not too bad I guess, but personally for that kind of money... I would get a pair of Pioneer Champion Pro TS-W3002D4 = $120 ea shipped - So it would be right in the same price range as those, and I can guarantee these will sound better and handle all that amp can dish out to them even @ 1 ohm with a beefed up electrical system. Sorry But I'm NOT a big fan of kicker - Never have been. Those pioneer's are my go-to sub for budget system building, they sound awesome, handle plenty of power, very durable, don't need a huge box to sound good, and they are CHEAP... Just my .02 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
For what you say on those Pioneer's I was looking at them and they look very good. I haven't really heard of them though. If theyre RMS is 1000 and my amp is 1700 watts at 1 ohm, I would be underpowering them by 150 watts each and IMO, thats a bad thing, I was told never to underpower ANYTHING because it builds up heat too quickly and it will end up blowing. is this true? If not then I might as well lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.