Alpine type s vs. Kicker CVX

RokintypeRs
10+ year member

Missouri
Just wondering I am running 2 12 inch alpine type S subwoofers in a ported box with a Hifonics BE1700.1D. The type s are SWS-12D4 the New type s 2012 model and I am wondering if 2 kicker CVX's 2012 will hit harder with the amp I have. They hit hard but I am overpowering each woofer by about 350 watts or so and the cvx's will only be overpowered by about 100. Thanks.

They are readily available & cheaper on ebay... & for whoever that was who said "Don't buy Pioneer" - You find me a Brand New Sub For $110.89 Shipped to your front door that compares, then talk smack - I guarantee you won't, I have tried... I am a BIG FAN of Sundown Audio just FYI, but they don't have anything that even comes close for THAT PRICE.

EBP: Efficiency Bandwidth product. It's a rough estimate as to what the frequency the sub should be peaked out at. I was just wondering because the TS-W3002D4 is 20-150 hz of frequency so the EBP rating would tell me where in that range the frequency should be set at for that sub to maximize sound. It really doesnt matter I just like to do a lot of research. And NIHI8ION I ordered both pairs of them. I'm going to check out both.

EBP: Efficiency Bandwidth product. It's a rough estimate as to what the frequency the sub should be peaked out at. I was just wondering because the TS-W3002D4 is 20-150 hz of frequency so the EBP rating would tell me where in that range the frequency should be set at for that sub to maximize sound. It really doesnt matter I just like to do a lot of research. And NIHI8ION I ordered both pairs of them. I'm going to check out both.[/QUO
So you ordered the Pioneers and the sundown SA's too? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

They are readily available & cheaper on ebay... & for whoever that was who said "Don't buy Pioneer" - You find me a Brand New Sub For $110.89 Shipped to your front door that compares, then talk smack - I guarantee you won't, I have tried... I am a BIG FAN of Sundown Audio just FYI, but they don't have anything that even comes close for THAT PRICE.
I wouldn't buy a $110 sub so I wouldn't know. If the OP can't save $80 more then this is the wrong hobby for him. And who cares if you're a sundown fan?

EBP: Efficiency Bandwidth product. It's a rough estimate as to what the frequency the sub should be peaked out at. I was just wondering because the TS-W3002D4 is 20-150 hz of frequency so the EBP rating would tell me where in that range the frequency should be set at for that sub to maximize sound. It really doesnt matter I just like to do a lot of research. And NIHI8ION I ordered both pairs of them. I'm going to check out both.[/QUO
So you ordered the Pioneers and the sundown SA's too? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Yep. If I don't like one pair I'll give that one to my brother lol.

I wouldn't buy a $110 sub so I wouldn't know. If the OP can't save $80 more then this is the wrong hobby for him. And who cares if you're a sundown fan?
It's not like I can't buy an expensive subwoofer I can I just like to find cheap stuff that sounds good. Eventually I might get some Orions or something.

Yeah well ya know what the funny thing is - 2 Pioneer Premier Champion Pro's Will SMOKE most of the more expensive subs you are telling him to buy, so why not save the $160 on a set AND sound better, & Yeah I was just letting him know that I'm NOT against the sundown idea there bud, so keep your smug comments to yourself, just trying to help this guy out cuz that's what this forum SHOULD be all about, not trying to blaze everyone's posts every friggin chance you get! Oh yeah & FYI - msrp on those Pioneers is $269.00 each - So just because you can GET THEM for $110 ea, does NOT mean that they are cheapo $100 subs! These subs were never this cheap until online retailers started buying them by the freight load at a huge discount, so they are simply passing some of the savings on to their customers...

Last edited by a moderator:
GL to you with whatever subs you decide on, Don't let people tell you that you HAVE to spend more to get what you are trying to get done accomplished, Do your research first and set everything up correctly & you might end up surprised at how far you can stretch your dollar ;-) If ya have it to burn - By all means spend it on whatever you want, I'm not saying that the more expensive brands are not better, that's not what I'm saying at all, All I am saying is that you will not find a better sub brand new for $110 - As I said, GL to you & I hope you were able to walk away with more than you came in here with, Take Care //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

get some sundown 8's you can get them for about 100-140 a peice or 150 if buy brand new! they slam sundown sa v2's!
Those are some of the baddest 8's out there IMO, very beefy woofers that can handle way more than they are rated for with ease... Dude said he was interested in 12's & I was just trying to keep him from making the HUGE mistake of buying kickers LOL, You can easily get better for your dollars spent... I personally can't wait for the new Sundown X Series & Z v.4's to drop soon! They are looking pretty bad *** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Those are some of the baddest 8's out there IMO, very beefy woofers that can handle way more than they are rated for with ease... Dude said he was interested in 12's & I was just trying to keep him from making the HUGE mistake of buying kickers LOL, You can easily get better for your dollars spent... I personally can't wait for the new Sundown X Series & Z v.4's to drop soon! They are looking pretty bad *** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
The CVX is not a bad sub as long as you don't pay retail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.