Alpine type r. Need suggestions!

Okay, that audiocontrol looks more in my price range, is that what you mean by jl fix? will work just like putting a new hu in?

If I get a 1ohm amp does that mean I need a 2ohm sub? Or 4ohm?

Upgrade electrical in car means bigger battery, alternator, what else?

My car does not have the Sony system.. What do you mean by noise? :/

So many fricken subs to choose from! Never heard of fu before, they must be pretty good?

Okay, that audiocontrol looks more in my price range, is that what you mean by jl fix? will work just like putting a new hu in?
If I get a 1ohm amp does that mean I need a 2ohm sub? Or 4ohm?

Upgrade electrical in car means bigger battery, alternator, what else?

My car does not have the Sony system.. What do you mean by noise? :/

So many fricken subs to choose from! Never heard of fu before, they must be pretty good?
might want to wait till this comes out. your car's head unit has the IdataLink Maestro connection.

DSR1 - 8-Channel Interactive Signal Processor w/ Integrated iDatalink Maestro Module | Rockford Fosgate®

So that's another dsp, still a little bit cheaper than the h8 he posted, I guess ill have to look into them because they ha e different features, channels, etc. It is out isn't it? It says $250

So that's another dsp, still a little bit cheaper than the h8 he posted, I guess ill have to look into them because they ha e different features, channels, etc. It is out isn't it? It says $250
thats the retail price set when its supposed to launch, no stores carry it as of now but its very new tech that a lot of people with GM vehicles are waiting for.. It does everything you need a dsp to do. 8 channels of output, flattens stock head unit EQ curve and high pass filters. 31 band EQ, bandpass crossovers etc...

You also dont need to get signal through speaker wire connections. Its all done on the Idatalink maestro. Also you dont need to hook up a laptop to tune it. You can tune it via bluetooth on your phone.

Yeah I saw that it was Bluetooth capable, that's pretty awesome! That's the one I'm leaning towards for sure. Where would be a good place to find one a little cheaper than retail? Any suggestions? That and anyone that makes box's?

thats the retail price set when its supposed to launch, no stores carry it as of now but its very new tech that a lot of people with GM vehicles are waiting for.. It does everything you need a dsp to do. 8 channels of output, flattens stock head unit EQ curve and high pass filters. 31 band EQ, bandpass crossovers etc...
You also dont need to get signal through speaker wire connections. Its all done on the Idatalink maestro. Also you dont need to hook up a laptop to tune it. You can tune it via bluetooth on your phone.
Last I looked the non Sony wasn’t on the list. It will still work just not as easy.

Sigh... When is it supposed to come out?
its supposedly just released. I'm pretty sure any rockford dealer can probably get you the exact date but some of my friends that work at audio shops say they can get early access already. Literally this thing will hit amazon any day now. However for now i think its dealer restricted only.

ACTUALLY try buying it directly from the site. I think it works LMAO!!

I thought it was going through on that site! It usually will say "can't add to cart, not available" or some carp like that! I want to make sure it will hookup to my car first since I don't have the sony sound system, what is a easy way to find out? Look at the specs/compatibility

I thought it was going through on that site! It usually will say "can't add to cart, not available" or some carp like that! I want to make sure it will hookup to my car first since I don't have the sony sound system, what is a easy way to find out? Look at the specs/compatibility
it'll work no matter if you have the sony system or not, you'll just need to get signal from the speaker level inputs instead. Just the sony system would have been an easier install. Without it you just need to tap in to the rear speaker wires instead. Not much more work to be honest. Still getting a lot of value for 250 dollars.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.