Alpine type r. Need suggestions!

Blake439

Hello,

So I am still fairly new to subwoofers and amps. I had two MTX subs with a 1000w ems amp (don't remember the brand). They were stolen a few years back.

Anyways, I have a 2014 ford fusion now. Want to get subwoofers. I looked around and have decided on alpine. Thinking type r or x? Them the best two? A big difference? I still want to have trunk space for work. Not sure if I should get two 12" because that will take up a lot of room? I was thinking about just getting one 15 but it has a lower wattage and rms, I know that's not all that I should be looking at so anyone willing to explain a little and give a good suggestion please!?! I want them to be loud but don't want a chance of blowing them out to soon. I think I should be able to get a decent setup for around $700? Any help appreciated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

P.s. want sound quality and them to hit super hard! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
700s a nice budget... im gonna say what i always say id buy used, but good trusted brands wish you were closer...id give you a whole rockford fosgate power system and let you keep a couple hundred... lol type rs are good... if your buying new theres def. better for the money out there... think i got a 100 a piece out of my minty type r 12s... not bad subs at/around that price... amps important .... nice 1200-1500w rms

That's what I have picked up so far with looking around o, the internet. What about alpine type x? Is there a big difference between x and r? Also, 12" gonna be good or a 15 even better? Or would I have enough room for 2 12s?

I kinda want to get new, mainly because they should last longer? I started out wanting them subs then read around and people said they liked alpine better but the price is definitely more

i fit 4 12s in a chevy cobalt... lol alot of this all depends on what your willing to put in... build a box is time and effort... to a audiophile it means alot... to a person that just wants to slam ... it means little... ill run a prefab before i go without bass...lol im not a fan of 15s... doesnt mean the next guy isnt, big bulky, box are dumb big, ive just always preferred 12s... idk if the x is that much better i know its better... honestly tho... if i had a 700.00 budget... neither of those subs would be on my to buy list... but thats not to say they wont be on yours as you also need wiring / big 3/ etc to run anything much bigger... do you have upgraded elec yet? do you know the amp of your alt. ?

That's what I have picked up so far with looking around o, the internet. What about alpine type x? Is there a big difference between x and r? Also, 12" gonna be good or a 15 even better? Or would I have enough room for 2 12s?
I kinda want to get new, mainly because they should last longer? I started out wanting them subs then read around and people said they liked alpine better but the price is definitely more
look up...

idk if obsidian is still around...

sundown audio

tantric audio HD

audioque/soundqubed hds hdc3 hdc4 etc.

rf power t1 t2 etc.

american bass vfl xfl

Digital Designs...

those are a few of my favs...

The main reason I wanted alpine was because I have read a lot of reviews saying they are some of the best subs and alpine is a good brand that I have heard of before.

I haven't done anything to my car, dont really want to ha e to upgrade to much because I know that will give me less fr the actual subs and amp, the $700 doesn't include box or wiring. I have more than $700 just I'm not looking to be a "pro" or anything, just trying to get a good starter system for now. I thought the same about 15, they seem to big with box for car trunks, so now to decide, I wish I could hear a bunch side by side so I know what I want! Haha

I have read of audioque before just not in that many posts and ive been looking around here and sundown seems to be decently popular... I am a carpenter to I know my way around and saw and adhesive a little more than the average newbie haha, I think I'll end up building my own.

But okay, so what kind do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions.

Also, I have the factory deck in my car, ill have to buy a LOC? Or do them not make that much of a difference?

Ohh, and I believe my alt on my car is 150 max amps. I googled it and I think that's what it is

Okay, thanks!

Is the 1k amp for 2 12s or for 1?

Also, do I get 2ohm or 4ohm? I have tried to read all around about this and read about running them parallel or something, but still don't fully get it. Are they that much different, one less safe than the other?

If this is correct then I'm gonna go with 2 12s since that's almost the price of 1 alpine ($80 more or something like that) American Bass 12" Woofer 2400w Max 200oz Magnet Dual 2 Ohm - Xr12d2 - Explosive Powersports

Then I read 4 cubic foot box?

Okay, thanks!

Also, do I get 2ohm or 4ohm? I have tried to read all around about this and read about running them parallel or something, but still don't fully get it. Are they that much different, one less safe than the other?

If this is correct then I'm gonna go with 2 12s since that's almost the price of 1 alpine ($80 more or something like that) American Bass 12" Woofer 2400w Max 200oz Magnet Dual 2 Ohm - Xr12d2 - Explosive Powersports

if your not planning on upgrading your electrical ho alt big 3 etc.... then id just do 1 12 in a huge box with a efficent 1k ... anything more imo your gonna have dimming headlights etc... till you end up frying something lol... i dont like any drops under 13.8v....

Okay, thanks!

thats wrong sub... XFL.... SHOULD BE LIKE 180...

Ohh crap, yeah that is the wrong one. This one then:

https://jet.com/product/detail/310b027120584a388e3dc8f594dee7b0?jcmp=pla:ggl:NJ_dur_Cwin_Electronics_a1:Electronics_Car_Vehicle_Electronics_Car_Audio_a1:na:pLA_785510854_39764717503_pla-302907754768:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=785510854&is_retargeting=true&clickid=4ca63016-f376-4b4d-81b5-63d18345d931

I really like the look of two of them though.. Haha I'm guessing my alt won't push enough power through them?

IF I did go with 2 would I just double the 1k amp then? Something like the Hifonics bxi 2006?

Also 4ohm or 2ohm?

Xfl 1244 = 4ohm

Xfl 1222 = 2ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.