Alex's Silverado

Meter

Meter

Meter

Meter

In a chant style voice! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

1. They weren't wide enough to touch all the terminals when set up like this. Would have either needed bus bars twice as wide or twice as many bus bars and have a half-inch gap between bars.
2. The holes didn't have to be super accurate when set up like this. There's a little play in it and it also allows the batteries to shift slightly without damaging the terminals

3. I already had the wires cut/crimped/shrinked from my last build
Yea I noticed your battery configuration right after I commented what size flat bar aluminum did you use.... I'll be making mine with 3/4 thick 1 1/4 wide flat bar but I'm gonna attempt to bolt batteries together
8e57d7413b7daaef76414d1f23c43289.jpg

Also you got those batteries from where/who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[quote name='atoz2']@adulbrich where'd you get the white heat shrink??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Got it free at work. We have huge spools of it we use for nickle-cadmium packs

[quote name='Full Tilt']Can't wait for my demo :yumyum:[/QUOTE]

Can't wait to show you!

[quote name='Loudz']Meter
Meter
Meter
Meter

In a chant style voice! :naughty::up2somet:[/QUOTE]

If I could for free I would

[quote name='els1989']Yea I noticed your battery configuration right after I commented what size flat bar aluminum did you use.... I'll be making mine with 3/4 thick 1 1/4 wide flat bar but I'm gonna attempt to bolt batteries together
8e57d7413b7daaef76414d1f23c43289.jpg

Also you got those batteries from where/who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

That seems way too thick of material for those batteries.

I got mine from work for $50 a piece

Can't wait to show you!

Sell me some heat shrink lol!

Can't wait to show you!

My bolts will be sunk inside the buss bar similar to others bolt down terminals... And the bolt down terminals that have 6 input slots are 1" thick... So I'm not seeing how it being thick is gonna be a bad thing... I will be drilling and tapping threads to attach lugs on the top side similar to yours

My bolts will be sunk inside the buss bar similar to others bolt down terminals... And the bolt down terminals that have 6 input slots are 1" thick... So I'm not seeing how it being thick is gonna be a bad thing... I will be drilling and tapping threads to attach lugs on the top side similar to yours

Ok. Drilling and tapping looks nice, but takes too much time for me. I did that with my first bus bars I used in my car. Now I just drill holes and bolt through.

I'm just saying using that much material is not necessary

I used 1/2 inch thick to carry 5,100 possible amps of current per bar and have .1v voltage drop at full tilt idling

Will hopefully get some videos when I show Gabby today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I leave for college in two days, and my room is basically being used for storage while I'll be gone, lol

2016-08-10_22_14_36__zpspsaipumg.jpg

IMG_20160809_205827_575_zpsdrf2lroa.jpg

ResizedImage_1470885429759_zpshe2vik5i.jpg

The videos are kinda shitty and short. Will hopefully take more videos at a car meet I'm going to tonight. Might be too dark at 9:00, but I'll see what I can do.

I turned it up one more click on the volume knob than I usually do, and voltage tanked to battery voltage! Lowest I saw it drop was 12.4v! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I can do nasty hairtricks with both doors open though! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif First clip is also at the end of the next video. Better on mobile than computers because I took it vertically for my snapchat story.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.