Alex's Silverado

I was thinking about getting one of those in my leg where I broke it and had screws put in, but those are expensive //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

I'm tryna get another HO alternator and some 26's before I leave for college too, lol

You may not see it as white trashy but every single other person does. Get something that has meaning. Not trying to pry or anything but something kinda commemorating your dad. Something personal and when people ask about it you have no qualms sharing. I'm insanely proud of my tattoos. Don't do something you'll regert (like that commercial)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may not see it as white trashy but every single other person does. Get something that has meaning. Not trying to pry or anything but something kinda commemorating your dad. Something personal and when people ask about it you have no qualms sharing. I'm insanely proud of my tattoos. Don't do something you'll regert (like that commercial)

i have one. its in memory of my brother.. some people just aren't taught any better..

I've got a shot put one from the first round of ncaa nationals. That event was my life and ticket through college. I also have one about life goals. Both I proudly wear

I was going to get one in memory of both my dad and my best friend later on. A dragonfly with their initials and the dates they lived under it.

Why a dragonfly? At Riley's funeral, his aunt read a free verse poem (that I'm going to put below). There was a pond about 200 meters from the cemetery. About five minutes after she read the poem, there was a gust of wind and a ton of dragonflies flew up from the pond and were flying around the cemetery for the rest of the night.

Here's the poem:

Down below the surface of a quiet pond lived a little colony of water bugs. They were a happy colony, living far away from the sun. For many months they werevery busy, scurrying over the soft mud on the bottom of the pond. They did notice that every once in awhile one of their colony seemed to lose interest in going

about. Clinging to the stem of a pond lily it gradually moved out of sight and was seen no more.

"Look!" said one of the water bugs to another. "One of our colony is climbing up the lily stalk. Where do you think she is going?" Up, up, up it slowly went....Even

as they watched, the water bug disappeared from sight. Its friends waited and waited but it didn't return...

"That's funny!" said one water bug to another. "Wasn't she happy here?" asked a second... "Where do you suppose she went?" wondered a third.

No one had an answer. They were greatly puzzled. Finally one of the water bugs, a leader in the colony, gathered its friends together. "I have an idea". The next one

of us who climbs up the lily stalk must promise to come back and tell us where he or she went and why."

"We promise", they said solemnly.

One spring day, not long after, the very water bug who had suggested the plan found himself climbing up the lily stalk. Up, up, up, he went. Before he knew what

was happening, he had broke through the surface of the water and fallen onto the broad, green lily pad above.

When he awoke, he looked about with surprise. He couldn't believe what he saw. A startling change had come to his old body. His movement revealed four silver

wings and a long tail. Even as he struggled, he felt an impulse to move his wings...The warmth of the sun soon dried the moisture from the new body. He moved his

wings again and suddenly found himself up above the water. He had become a dragonfly!!

Swooping and dipping in great curves, he flew through the air. He felt exhilarated in the new atmosphere. By and by the new dragonfly lighted happily on a lily pad to

rest. Then it was that he chanced to look below to the bottom of the pond. Why, he was right above his old friends, the water bugs! There they were scurrying

around, just as he had been doing some time before.

The dragonfly remembered the promise: "The next one of us who climbs up the lily stalk will come back and tell where he or she went and why." Without thinking,

the dragonfly darted down. Suddenly he hit the surface of the water and bounced away. Now that he was a dragonfly, he could no longer go into the water...

"I can't return!" he said in dismay. "At least, I tried. But I can't keep my promise. Even if I could go back, not one of the water bugs would know me in my new

body. I guess I'll just have to wait until they become dragonflies too. Then they'll understand what has happened to me, and where I went."

And the dragonfly winged off happily into its wonderful new world of sun and air.......

Obviously that's way too long to get tattooed on me, so I was just going to get the dragonfly for symbolism. I just haven't settled on a design for the dragonfly yet.

I was going to get the Chevy tattoo because it was simple and cheap. The dragonfly one would be more expensive and I want it done right. Plus, it would be bigger and I want to get a feel for how bad it is first.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Got baffle section one of three done

IMG_20160717_092903_513_zpsooro5obd.jpg

4th order?
No, 3rd order.....

:facepalm:

Got the front and rear baffles cut

IMG_20160717_134615_991_zpskde57oh0.jpg

IMG_20160717_134620_737_zpsfuexov3z.jpg

Magnets are soooooooooooooooooo close to touching. They're about 5mm away from each other. I'm going to put some gray rubberized foam between them in that small gap when mounted for good.

IMG_20160717_145249_351_zpsddyjxbtd.jpg

Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room in the ported section to fit the middle/bottom subs inverted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

IMG_20160717_145328_199_zpszopxxk43.jpg

The baffles are screwed in, but still need to be glued/fiberglassed in.

It's only 3:21 here, but I really don't feel like doing that today. I've already done a bunch of my bigger "to-do" list items on my truck today.

I'm going to rest, and maybe see if I want to do more on it later

They have 4th 6th parallel 6th series 8th order just about 10 different types of bandpass.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

And vented is 4th order as well.

You said you got a softer spider pack too right?

They have 4th 6th parallel 6th series 8th order just about 10 different types of bandpass. 

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

And vented is 4th order as well.

You said you got a softer spider pack too right?
There's a sealed section, so it's not a 6th or 8th.....

Yes, they are supposed to have a softer spider pack

**** son, I need to get busy, I only have half of my trunk enclosure finished so I can't seal mine off yet. The 12's get down on almost no power so I'm sure this will be loud.
Yeah, I've been truckin' on this all week

Can't wait to get it playing!!

Baffle videos:

Couldn't get the whole thing in one picture, but I'm doing the roof now, haha

IMG_20160721_185527_323_zpscvve5ysq.jpg

IMG_20160721_185522_262_zpsmmgjiwww.jpg

Sides are almost to the ceiling!! Almost done with the enclosure!

IMG_20160721_185555_746_zpsuatw0s3n.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.