Alex's Silverado

Enclosure is completely out!

IMG_20160627_190817_560_zps1joldqir.jpg

Now for a new build log and construction....

Lucky
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
His mom pays for all living expenses, college, and apparently his first house. But she doesn't really love him because she won't let him fukc a 16 y/o in her house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your spending alot on CA. Do you have any college plans?
Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Yeah, also have $4k+ saved up for food, gas, and stuff I need to buy

his parents pay for almost everything
Yep

His mom pays for all living expenses, college, and apparently his first house. But she doesn't really love him because she won't let him fukc a 16 y/o in her house

All my living expenses? I pay for my food and gas. Yes she's paying for my college and "apparently" my first house, but it's not money she earned. My dad is the one who made $150k a year and had 2 million in life insurance. He set money aside from each paycheck for the $150k college fund for me.

I plan to have a college fund for my kids too

Yeah, also have $4k+ saved up for food, gas, and stuff I need to buy

Yep

All my living expenses? I pay for my food and gas. Yes she's paying for my college and "apparently" my first house, but it's not money she earned. My dad is the one who made $150k a year and had 2 million in life insurance. He set money aside from each paycheck for the $150k college fund for me.

I plan to have a college fund for my kids too
I plan on telling my kids to get a scholarship lol. I'll help if I can because my parents did what they could for me but it will mostly be up to them. Unless of course something changes and I'm much wealthier. Food and gas is nothing compared to the rest of your living expenses. I'd kiss her *** a wee bit to make her more likely to buy your first home!

IMO college is a waste. go to a tech school and dont waste your money or life. once you get out of tech school you can be a tech within a year and be making more than engineers... then once you do tech work for a few years if you wat a EE go back to school and get your bachelors. EEs right out of school make 50-70K a tech will make 70-80k if not more depends on how much you wanna work and in a few years if your good you can become an inspector and make 120-150k.. i dont know an inspector that makes less than 600 a day 5 days a week.

and they get EVERYTHING paid for. gas truck company credit card for food etc..

I plan on telling my kids to get a scholarship lol. I'll help if I can because my parents did what they could for me but it will mostly be up to them. Unless of course something changes and I'm much wealthier. Food and gas is nothing compared to the rest of your living expenses. I'd kiss her *** a wee bit to make her more likely to buy your first home!

I plan to budget so my kids get the same thing I do.

Also, just talked to her about me moving out. She said it was fine, and didn't really seem concerned about it. She wasn't mad at all. I didn't say it in a mean way. I just said I had loaned my co-worker $300 for a deposit on an apartment. He said he could pay me back next Friday, or I could just live with him for a month. That's exactly what happened

IMO college is a waste. go to a tech school and dont waste your money or life. once you get out of tech school you can be a tech within a year and be making more than engineers... then once you do tech work for a few years if you wat a EE go back to school and get your bachelors. EEs right out of school make 50-70K a tech will make 70-80k if not more depends on how much you wanna work and in a few years if your good you can become an inspector and make 120-150k.. i dont know an inspector that makes less than 600 a day 5 days a week.and they get EVERYTHING paid for. gas truck company credit card for food etc..
You're an idiot. Right out of school, average paid internship for CAT is $62k. Working my way up, I can make more. College is not a waste at all. It's going to be a lot of fun and land me a career. Plus, mine is paid for

Got new smoked Halo headlights and towing mirrors to help me see when the wall goes in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also plasti-dipped the badge and removed the tacky chrome grill inserts. I plan to plastidip the rest of the chrome on the exterior and get the 26" black rims

IMG_20160629_181218_451_zpsccaiatg4.jpg

Also, the back sits a lot higher without the batteries when I air it up. I've got 8" of clearance between the wheel and wheel well

IMG_20160629_182111_881_zpstgcd2dqq.jpg

I gotta say If they gave out awards for the ugliest inclosure this one would have taken it LOL ! Dude still no subs ? dang that was couple months wasnt it ? And everyone was gripping about FI ? They were fast for me I think about two weeks but that was for two subs not 8 but who knows.

I'm impatient to say the least. Incriminator STILL hasn't shipped me my damn subs :toetap:

In the mean time, I built a custom pallet big enough for my batteries. On the college campus this year, I don't want to leave my truck parked with $6,000 of batteries and amps in the bed merely covered by a soft cover. The amps will be mounted above the batteries with 2x4's. I have quick-connect/disconnect plugs coming for the speaker wires.

My aunt and uncle live 10 minutes from campus and they have a skid loader with fork attachments. I've used a skid loader before, and I run a fork lift at work frequently. The way I have it set up, I can easily load/unload the pallet of batteries with a fork lift (or the skid forks) after disconnecting my power, ground, speaker wires, master RCA, and remote turn on wire. In total, takes about 5 minutes of time to install or remove the assembly.

Charged up my batteries and load tested each one individually. Unfortunately, three of them tested bad, but my boss said we'll be getting new-used cores in soon and he can hook me up.

Here are some pics:

IMG_20160705_170532_358_zps17smblz3.jpg

ResizedImage_1467982497397_zpsaba2ftgw.jpg

Just got my aluminum stock for bus bars today. 48"x1.5"x.5"

IMG_20160710_171224_675_zpsrvluso3a.jpg

They're beefy, imo

IMG_20160710_171301_145_zpsujb701po.jpg

My amps are just chillin' right meow

IMG_20160706_203554_625_zpschhqs6m0.jpg

Off topic, but here's some weird stuff I've seen at work

LCD with every possible problem:

IMG_20160707_100953_177_zps6bec8f1s.jpg

What I call a "banana" lithium battery. It has individual lithium cells linked up top that reminds me of a bunch of banana's :dontknow:

IMG_20160707_085021_275_zpsqfuxpdtx.jpg

bananasf.jpg

Saw a ford ranger with a flat bed and stacks the other day while I was on lunch break //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

ResizedImage_1468009638006_zpst0jochqa.jpg

Man that's a lot of batteries lol ! The buss bars will be a nice project. I bet they didn't give away that aluminum ? Did you build your new enclosure yet ?

Man that's a lot of batteries lol ! The buss bars will be a nice project. I bet they didn't give away that aluminum ? Did you build your new enclosure yet ?
Yep, and there will be 4 less batteries this time than my last build. Three AGM's load tested bad and I'm eliminating my stock lead acid battery from the equation. There will be another 300+ amps of alternator power though.

Aluminum was actually only $201 shipped for everything.

Haven't started building, but everything is gutted. Construction on the sealed section is taking place tomorrow on my day off

Got all the wood for my enclosure today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

IMG_20160711_183743_331_zpsoczcg5ku.jpg

And my battery pallet is on top

IMG_20160711_183735_531_zpszm3ufj7j.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.