Alex's Silverado

Everyone is always telling you to slow your roll and think things through dummy
Yeah, well... I've got money to blow and it's always burning a hole in my pocket!

My only expenses are gas, food, and other stuff I want to buy right now.

Send me some so I can buy a down pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, I need to save up for when one of my best friends is leaving for basic next month. We're going to the strip club again. Probably going to blow around $1-2k

Mis well just get a hooker for a night. I could never waste money like that.
There's an idea.....

Might get my third STD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I'm probably the most drunk I've veen in an ewhile rightnow, lol.

A couple beers, fireball, and a couple classes of pink Miscoto

Too much power smokes coils, playing below tuning/over excursion breaks triple joints.....just an FYI for the future if you run into problems
I didn't break the triple joint. These Wardens were custom made with extra triple joint support because Evan broke the triple joints on all three of them last year during testing. Just separated the spider from the basket landing spacer. They were fine at that song on lower power and played fine for 15 minutes, so I'd still owe the failure to more power than they could handle

Pitiful.. let this thread die..
I might start a new one when the 8 15's get here

I didn't break the triple joint. These Wardens were custom made with extra triple joint support because Evan broke the triple joints on all three of them last year during testing. Just separated the spider from the basket landing spacer. They were fine at that song on lower power and played fine for 15 minutes, so I'd still owe the failure to more power than they could handle

I might start a new one when the 8 15's get here
Tearing spider from the landing is playing too far below tuning with too much power. If spider didn't break loose than triple joint would have broken. If they take the power at higher freqs than it's only too much power because you're too far below tuning and lose cone control. Just trying to help you understand as 8 recones would be expensive once the new build is done.

So is the new build going to be as **** as my 10 15's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Tearing spider from the landing is playing too far below tuning with too much power. If spider didn't break loose than triple joint would have broken. If they take the power at higher freqs than it's only too much power because you're too far below tuning and lose cone control. Just trying to help you understand as 8 recones would be expensive once the new build is done.
So is the new build going to be as **** as my 10 15's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
Gotcha.

Going to be as what?

Where are your new woofers at? Hasn't it been two weeks?
IA is backed up because of Slam. I'm not going to get to go, unfortunately. I'm in no rush, so I'm not really upset that it's going to take longer. Hopefully I can get some extra decals or something

Screenshot%202016-06-02%20at%206.31.14%20PM_zps4trpje8f.png

Tear-down started today

IMG_20160622_124137_000_zpsogr0g5d4.jpg

28kw just chillin'

IMG_20160622_125546_705_zpsx9gqlqdi.jpg

When I was finishing up and had three batteries in parallel, one of the wires slipped and hit the other jumper rail. There was a big pop, but luckily no explosions. They were touching for about 10 seconds before I figured out where it shorted. Melted the heat shrink of a few lugs. One amp was still hooked up to the batteries when this happened. Going to have to test the amp and the affected batteries later. Hopefully no serious damage.

Definitely going to do aluminum bars when I rebuild.

ResizedImage_1466619685328_zpskepdwvac.jpg

Going to remove, test, and clean all the batteries. No sense in hauling around 2,000 pounds of lead in the back of my truck when my subs are unhooked. I pay for my own gas, and don't want to get 10mpg if I don't have a system playing.

IMG_20160622_131606_569_zpssuyuzq3r.jpg

Got a CRUNCH 2 channel to run some "Massive" 6.5" subs in my doors.

IMG_20160615_193543_265_zps4emoavnv.jpg

Guts:

ResizedImage_1466619596017_zpsetn86eb7.jpg

Not beefy obviously, but they look complicated.

Soundive subs are apparently going to ship this week. I'm going to continue the teardown after I rest for a little bit. It's going to be a progressive thing I work on after work from now on.

I'm hoping to get the new system in and playing by August 10th this year.

Battery bank and sub amps are out

IMG_20160622_144310_850_zpsdmwjldna.jpg

Empty bed besides the speaker wires and power/ground runs. Alternator relay is unplugged and I put the stock belt back on, so the three high output alternators are not being powered on or spun.

IMG_20160622_144317_614_zpsi2bhkeui.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.