Advice on amplifier for kicker L5's?

tgraham09
10+ year member

Hey guys i'm looking for a great amp to use with my new set up of 2 12" kicker L5s. i was planning on getting the rockford t1000 for a while but i think that may be just a little overkill since rockfords ratings are always so underestimated, theyre wired down to 2 ohms and thats what ill be running them at. they are 600wrms a peice for a total of 1200wrms. let me know what you guys would recommend and i would really appreciate to hear from somebody with the same subs!

That depends on which gen is your L5s... I had one(the silver cone), it liked 500 watts but a brief encounter with my (now sold) Recoil RED1000.1 killed it after like 4 minutes - ripped its tinsel leads off the cone, the same problem exists on early-gen L7s too. It was hella loud for that brief moment though.

Sound quality-wise I'd give it a 6 out of 10. SPL-wise I'd give it 9 out of 10 for the price.

PS - I paid $100 for mine used in good condition.

My CVRs sound amazing. I don't know what you're talking about.

I paid $120 brand new each for my CVRs, that's really not that much at all.
100$ more than its worth each

i see these on cl all day, for 50 bucks for 2 or close to it, i also see 2 kicker cvrs only 1 works. shotty construction.

Why everytime someone brings up kicker some fa9 comes in the thread and talks ****? The op did not ask you opinion on kicker and i bet most people don't even know what their talking about.

Why everytime someone brings up kicker some fa9 comes in the thread and talks ****? The op did not ask you opinion on kicker and i bet most people don't even know what their talking about.
Well there are tons of brands that are much better than Kicker, but I've never had any problems with Kicker products. The subs in my car sound good to me and get loud enough for me so I can't hate on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.