Advice on amplifier for kicker L5's?

As much as I dislike kicker, I have to agree with Bosstradamus hurrh, as the OP already has the subs.

OP, are you interested in buying new only or are willing to look into used?

100$ more than its worth eachi see these on cl all day, for 50 bucks for 2 or close to it, i also see 2 kicker cvrs only 1 works. shotty construction.
Actually, this can be attributed to the fact that every noob and their mom buys Kicker because they know they can be loud for cheap. These are the same people, however that think the gain knob is a volume control and that remote bass knobs

make their system sound good. The reason so many are for sale with one blown is these morons keep screwing with the settings after someone who knows what they're doing installed it for them, or they and a buddy installed it and wired it backwards or at .5ohm with a BS "1600w" amp with 40A of fusing that has a damping factor of 40 and sends straight clipped after 300w RMS

100$ more than its worth eachi see these on cl all day, for 50 bucks for 2 or close to it, i also see 2 kicker cvrs only 1 works. shotty construction.
i ran 2 CVR 12's on a ZX750.1 and also at .5 on a hifonics 1000 watt amp. Never had a problem with them besides them sounding like pure ****.

believe me , they didn't sound bad by kicker or most mainstream standards. But they couldn't hold a candle to the RD sonance 15 that took their place. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Why everytime someone brings up kicker some fa9 comes in the thread and talks ****? The op did not ask you opinion on kicker and i bet most people don't even know what their talking about.
have you ever heard kickers before? lol we make fun of them for a reason.

i ran 2 CVR 12's on a ZX750.1 and also at .5 on a hifonics 1000 watt amp. Never had a problem with them besides them sounding like pure ****.
I almost want to sig this //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have kickers and I don't even see why they are hated on so much.
Name some other subwoofers you have owned and the boxes you had them in. I personally tried 1.5 sealed per for 2 12" cvr , 1.75 ported @ 35hz per speaker for 2 12" cvr's , and 2.25 ported @ 32 per speaker for 2 12" CVR's and IMO they sounded like **** everytime. They got loud and moved some air. SEE HERE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45kyH1uv12g

This was in 1.5 per sub. I know the video isn't the best example because there are other subs hooked up too but i would venture to say the CVR's were getting about 250 watts each here. They got down decent but sounded like ****. Sounded a little better in 4.5 @ 32 hz for the pair but it took up more space and wasn't as loud as this crapfest setup in this video.

All my systems have sounded exactly the same, just some louder than others. All had a nice clean bass sound. But all I've ever had was sealed. Most ported systems I've heard sounded like poop, but then again, most people in my city don't know anything about car audio

Also sounds just like the four 15s I have in my room, just louder. Maybe I'll have to hear some good ported setups with better brands and maybe it will change my view, but for now I like my setup.

Actually, this can be attributed to the fact that every noob and their mom buys Kicker because they know they can be loud for cheap. These are the same people, however that think the gain knob is a volume control and that remote bass knobs
make their system sound good. The reason so many are for sale with one blown is these morons keep screwing with the settings after someone who knows what they're doing installed it for them, or they and a buddy installed it and wired it backwards or at .5ohm with a BS "1600w" amp with 40A of fusing that has a damping factor of 40 and sends straight clipped after 300w RMS
i have only ever had one good experience with kicker. some old xpl 12s. pounded like crazy for bein on a alpine mrp 500 and good lord the sq was out of this world, but those were oldies and goodies, they dont do em like that anymore.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.