A litte info u should know about Nathan Peddicord...Owner of Excessive Amperage

i know 2 people with EA alts that are flawless, mines goin in my car tomorrow
Mine had no issues, it is really hit or miss with him. He knew I needed it in a rush for an event which is most likely why mine turned out well because obv if I was competing I would spread the word.

ive ran 4 Iraggi external regulated alternators with 0 problems. and recieved them within a week of ordering them every time. so Dom has me as a loyal customer

I found it funny how you draw a conclusion that I am young based upon what I wrote.
I do care what the shop looks like as it is a indication of how serious the man is about what he does. I would not invest in a business that does not invest in itself.

You said why would you care what is shop looked like, well as this thread proves it is a SAFER bet going with someone who isn't a "professional" shade tree mechanic.

Would you take your kids to a surgeon if he didn't work in a hospitable, but worked out of his garage... which was a mess, where he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans and performed operations in the back yard...of course not.

NOW I KNOW THIS A BIT EXTREME, however you didn't seem to get the point so I hope this underlines it for you.
I should probably leave this one alone but... What exactly does any of this have to do with an alternator, let alone anything at all on this subject? Surgery, surgeons, personal health out of a garage... what? You're struggling to reach anything here as well as struggling to make any sort of sense of the subject.

Why don't you show us the pictures you took when you went on the Excessive Amperage facility tour? I mean you seem pretty set that he's working out of some sort of shanty and I have a hunch you have nothing to show for this uninformed ideology.

Perhaps my view point is wrong and immature, yet I'm not the one w/ my c@ck in my had, a under preforming alt and a lighter billfold, so it would appear that my childish view is working quite well for me.
Thanks for your thoroughly developed opinion based on hearsay; we truly appreciate your experiences with a product you've never used.

If anyone called you childish, which wouldn't surprise me, they were spot on. Based on the only two posts I've read from you in this thread, I thought the exact same. No need to respond to me, your attempts at anything coherent will undoubtedly fall short. You're the reason forums have a member ignore list and I'll definitely be using that after I hit the reply button.

Michael

I found it funny how you draw a conclusion that I am young based upon what I wrote.
I do care what the shop looks like as it is a indication of how serious the man is about what he does. I would not invest in a business that does not invest in itself.

You said why would you care what is shop looked like, well as this thread proves it is a SAFER bet going with someone who isn't a "professional" shade tree mechanic.

Would you take your kids to a surgeon if he didn't work in a hospitable, but worked out of his garage... which was a mess, where he was wearing a t-shirt and jeans and performed operations in the back yard...of course not.

NOW I KNOW THIS A BIT EXTREME, however you didn't seem to get the point so I hope this underlines it for you.

Perhaps my view point is wrong and immature, yet I'm not the one w/ my c@ck in my had, a under preforming alt and a lighter billfold, so it would appear that my childish view is working quite well for me.

lol.. ok man. im 100% SURE you are a child now:) and fwiw- i dont have a light wallet, OR an underperforming alt:) im simply saying that where work is done isnt important, as long as the product performs well:)

Of all the HO alt companies I contacted about a quote, EA was the only one to respond in a timely manner (in 24 hours). Everyone else was no reply ever or over a week (Iraggi). He was always quick to respond to all my questions and shipped promptly in under a week.

I'm having no issue with mine, but maybe that's because mine is 180a? The people seeming to have the most issues are with the high amperage alts x2 their stock. If Nate's trying to fit twice the amperage in a no-mod alt maybe that's the issue.

Even though it ***** the OP couldn't get an alt that worked as rated, based off what he said Nate gave him excellent customer service. How many companies do you know out there that would actually ship you a second product without first receiving the first back even if it is their fault? Not many. And what the hell did you do with your stock alt? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I do agree he needs to work on QA though. Probably without knowing it, Nate could save a lot of money if he did better QA before shipping his products.

lol.. ok man. im 100% SURE you are a child now:) and fwiw- i dont have a light wallet, OR an underperforming alt:) im simply saying that where work is done isnt important, as long as the product performs well:)
Which it doesn't, or at least that what this whole thread was about. I'm not going to sit here and connect the dots for you guys on what was said here and what I wrote, I'm done with this.

IMO, He didn't sell you the service of installing it. That isn't his responsibility. Since you are the one not knowledgeable enough to know how to install an alt, that makes you responsible for labor charges. I wouldn't eat that cost even with a receipt. However it does concern me that 2 300a alts were bad.

Of all the HO alt companies I contacted about a quote, EA was the only one to respond in a timely manner (in 24 hours). Everyone else was no reply ever or over a week (Iraggi). He was always quick to respond to all my questions and shipped promptly in under a week.
I'm having no issue with mine, but maybe that's because mine is 180a? The people seeming to have the most issues are with the high amperage alts x2 their stock. If Nate's trying to fit twice the amperage in a no-mod alt maybe that's the issue.

I do agree he needs to work on QA though. Probably without knowing it, Nate could save a lot of money if he did better QA before shipping his products.
while i can agree with most of this I would like to say that I was supposed to get an aly shipped to me say wed. on tues. I recieved a e-mail from EA saying a diod was bad and it would be a day or two befor it shipped. If you ask me in my expeiriance then that was good QA and CS. JMO

while i can agree with most of this I would like to say that I was supposed to get an aly shipped to me say wed. on tues. I recieved a e-mail from EA saying a diod was bad and it would be a day or two befor it shipped. If you ask me in my expeiriance then that was good QA and CS. JMO
I never said he didn't have any QA. My regulator was damaged on shipment and he had to order a new one. That's visual QA, as yours may have been. But Nate is obviously not checking the output of every alt that goes out. Otherwise these people wouldn't be having these issues of alt's at low amperage...Unless all these people don't know how to properly test an HO alt? Which I wouldn't be surprised if many did not know how //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I retract the easy necessity of testing HO alts before they leave the shop //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif A quick google found one that can do 300 amps max with a quote of 'call'. A 250A tester on their site is $18500. That's too rich for a small business.

I'm not throwing any other alternator buisiness under the bus, but there is a lot of voo-doo logic that surrounds the testing of alternators. To be fair, many consumers do not fully understand pulley ratio, or how to properly test an alternator. Half of the units that people bring in here from other alternator companies as "defective", perform exactly how they are supposed to. On the flip side of fairness, is that many alternators do not put out what they are rated at. This is why every single one of my alts is shipped out with a dyno sheet showing what that unit put out during it's test session.

BTW, my alternator dyno was over $50K new, and can acurately create an output graph of any alternator up to 500 amps. I will test and dyno any alternator that you ship to me, and e-mail you a dyno-sheet showing what it puts out. I will call and let you know if I can improve on it's performance or not, and give you a quote on what parts would cost to alter it's output curve. All I ask is that you pay for the shipping to get it back to you if there is nothing wrong with it.

We're all in the same industry doing the best that we can, and if we all stay honest than there is nothing to fear, and no reason to dog other people's product.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.