91 Skyline GTR Build Log

****, I wish they'd make those over here.. w/tha seat on tha side we're accustomed to..
Look forward to watching this build..
go buy a g35 lol

i will; make sure to take lots of pics. and if you have seen my other threads...you know i mean lots

How the hell did your friend get his hands on a Skyline. Im not a huge import fan but even I would like to own one. Are they available in Canada, or was it imported? I guess I assume imported since its lhd. Id convert it to rhd before I looked into making it faster.
Sweet ride for somebody.
umm do you mean convert it to left hand drive before you make it faster? it is right hand drive lol uless you are reffering to the hand you shift with...

and ya he imported it through jdm connection or somethign. there are a few canadian importers near me.

How the hell did your friend get his hands on a Skyline. Im not a huge import fan but even I would like to own one. Are they available in Canada, or was it imported? I guess I assume imported since its lhd. Id convert it to rhd before I looked into making it faster.
Sweet ride for somebody.
Its already rhd.

Sweet ride for somebody.
Its already rhd.

Leaving it RHD as it was originally built FTW.

Driving that way isn't that big of a deal - it just takes some time getting used to (a) shifting left-handed rather than right-handed and (b) you have a blind spot in a place you aren't accustomed to having that door post right next to your head on the right. Other than that it's no big deal.

My assumption on the radio not being able to pick up FM stations is that European and Asian broadcast radio operates on a different set of steps than it does in N. America. Some US-spec headunits offer switching to overseas frequency decoding but I do not know if any Asian-spec decks would have the same feature for listening to US radio...

I wouln't do anything crazy with the stereo but the rb26det is were my money would go!
im not familiar with the engines...but im going to assume thats the newer engine for the gtrs.

hes putting 3-4k into the stereo....then doing performance over the winter. i would do the same. why would you waste the whole summer working on this car just to finish it in the winter when you have to garage it anyways. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Obviously I meant convert it to lhd guys, lol?

Is nobody able to recognize an obvious typo anymore? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Leaving it RHD as it was originally built FTW.Driving that way isn't that big of a deal - it just takes some time getting used to (a) shifting left-handed rather than right-handed and (b) you have a blind spot in a place you aren't accustomed to having that door post right next to your head on the right. Other than that it's no big deal.

My assumption on the radio not being able to pick up FM stations is that European and Asian broadcast radio operates on a different set of steps than it does in N. America. Some US-spec headunits offer switching to overseas frequency decoding but I do not know if any Asian-spec decks would have the same feature for listening to US radio...
i totally agree. why the hell would you want to be like every other car on the road.

i have never drove a car like this before and as soon as i sat in it and turned it on i got the hang of it. never stalled it or anything. rather simple to drive. the only concern i would have is passing on a single lane highway when you cant go out a little bit to see ifthere is a car coming. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif the blind spots are kinda weird but you get used to it. driving the car is easy, its keeping it in your own lane thats hard haha

and ya you are probably right about the radio. i figured they just wotrk on different frequencies or something that. actually i remeber him saying it doesnt go up high enough to pick up our frequency for fm....i was too preocupied driving the car to even look at the stereo lol

I wouldn't.

It would be lucky to get components and deadened doors. My concern would be weight over stereo in a car like that.

It would also be a late 90's version as well, while we are dreaming.

if we were very rich and sq, then ya why not load it with nakamichi

the doors will get components and deadening....but it will also get a custom trunk...mostly fiberglass. sure it will add weight...but if you have ever drove a car like this you will know how much power they have and a couple hundred pounds wont make much of a difference in overall performance. unless of yourse you drag racing and hundredths of a second matter. this little bit of added weight will be less noticable as he builds up more power. and of course if he ever does take it to the track the subs and whatnot can come right out. but he is going for not only a fast car but also a car that looks and sounds good. sure its not what everyone would do, but it's what he wants.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.