6th order bandpass box

I've already built a ported box. I'm trying to expand my abilities. I am prepared to make modifications to the box, as I will be fiber glassing everything but the port area. I'm just going to do screws for the port, so I can make minor adjustments.
but do you thing the box I posted could work?
Give us a recap on the full system setup.

What car, what subs, what amp, what ohm load, how is the port going to be loaded etc... Did you make any changes to the box design or is it still the one with the big rear chamber and small front chamber? because like KR15 said, Smaller rear chamber tuned low with less port area and, bigger front chamber tuned high with high port area

sorry the thread really got sidetracked by shredder lmao.

Give us a recap on the full system setup.
What car, what subs, what amp, what ohm load, how is the port going to be loaded etc... Did you make any changes to the box design or is it still the one with the big rear chamber and small front chamber? because like KR15 said, Smaller rear chamber tuned low with less port area and, bigger front chamber tuned high with high port area

sorry the thread really got sidetracked by shredder lmao.
the original box design was going to be:

-the front chambers were 1.037ft^3 per chamber(2 chambers) with 2 3" ports tuned to 60Hz.

-the rear chamber was 3.398ft^3 tuned to 30Hz

-2 sundown X-10rev1 D2 (1250w RMS) wired to 1ohm series parallel

-1 sundown SCV-4000w amp

-car 2016 jeep patriot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the new box design is on the gallery on here under misc. car audio.

all of the equipment is going to be same. the box is the only thing I'm changing.

but I am using AutoCAD to design it all.

the original box design was going to be:-the front chambers were 1.037ft^3 per chamber(2 chambers) with 2 3" ports tuned to 60Hz.

-the rear chamber was 3.398ft^3 tuned to 30Hz

-2 sundown X-10rev1 D2 (1250w RMS) wired to 1ohm series parallel

-1 sundown SCV-4000w amp

-car 2016 jeep patriot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the new box design is on the gallery on here under misc. car audio.

all of the equipment is going to be same. the box is the only thing I'm changing.

but I am using AutoCAD to design it all.
again, front chamber bigger, tuned higher with more port area, rear chamber smaller tuned lower less port area. not the other way around unless this is a parallel tuned 6th order which means both ports fire out to the cabin. Series tuned is one port firing into the other then out to the cabin. The front exit port needs to be bigger for series.

again, front chamber bigger, tuned higher with more port area, rear chamber smaller tuned lower less port area. not the other way around unless this is a parallel tuned 6th order which means both ports fire out to the cabin. Series tuned is one port firing into the other then out to the cabin. The front exit port needs to be bigger for series.
the subs are inverted, which is why I said front was tuned to 60Hz and the Rear is 30Hz

Do you consider yourself hard-headed? I don't think those subs are made for 6th orders. I would keep things simple as Jeff stated....and just go with a regular ported enclosure.

Do you consider yourself hard-headed? I don't think those subs are made for 6th orders. I would keep things simple as Jeff stated....and just go with a regular ported enclosure.
I am persistent lol I have a posted box tuned to 30Hz but I wanna push beyond what I know and practice small. I can't commit to a full wall box yet. Because I'm still paying off the jeep. That's why I wanna do a small 6th order.

Ive been trying to find all of the math formulas for everything since I can't but a program for it yet. :/ but I am an architecture major and I love math. So I'm making a go of what I have available

So why are you so stuck on this 6th order so much vs. a reg ported enclosure? What makes it so special to you?
Because I've been told by alot of people I can't do it. It's a challenge. It's pushing me to learn how to do something I don't know how to do. Learning something new everyday is something I try to do.

Because I've been told by alot of people I can't do it. It's a challenge. It's pushing me to learn how to do something I don't know how to do. Learning something new everyday is something I try to do.
Gotcha.

Your an architecture?! You anybody that does house or kitchen remodel/design? I gotta **** poor kitchen layout...ok it's not that bad but a few things I wanna change up eventually.

I'm still in school for it, ive been taking classes from '04 to now. but my father in law owned his own construction company for 40 years and retired, but he still does free lancing. If you are interested

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.