6th order bandpass box

I just designed a 6th order box and so far it's tuned to Vf 65Hz and Vr 45Hz. It's just a sketch so far. I know I need the Vf to be tuned to about 80Hz and the Vr to about 30Hz.

Will it sound bad at 65Vf and 45Vr?

Should I make the adjustments to 80Vf and 30Vr?

Subs are inverted (downward facing)

Bottom of box/front of sub (1.037ft^3) port (22"x2"x13")

Top of box/rear of sub (3.686ft^3) port (1.5"x7"x14")

Outside box dimensions (16"Lx38"Wx28"H)

Inside box dimensions (13"Lx35"Wx25"H)

make it so you can adjust tuning relatively easily.

you may need to tweak port area or tuning up or down to get it working great.

you could always start at 80 and 40 with slightly larger ports then shrink them to bring tuning down.

its fairly common to see 25 and 50, or 30 and 60 (roughly)

so why do people not like 6th order for an everyday driver? I feel like if you have the highs and mids to balance out the extreme bass, it would be perfect.

I think the biggest issue is the amount of space these things take up.
So far I've designed it to 38×16x28. It doesn't take up too much space, but the ports are only 2"diameter for the Vr and I haven't figured out the port size for the Vf

so why do people not like 6th order for an everyday driver? I feel like if you have the highs and mids to balance out the extreme bass, it would be perfect.
6th order is my daily lol. But yeah man 30 to 60 is fine if you dont listen to re-bassed music playing under 25hz. AKA if you listen to normal hip hop, edm, rock, metal, pop whatever you can tune to the 60s. If you want lows, you are going to want to tune lower.

You want a wider bandwidth, try a transmission line enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.