6th order bandpass box

The first curve is good but those programs don't account for phase and port dampening without adjustments.

Play with the ports qt. The larger the ort the less acoustical resistance but like a subwoofer with a larger piston you increase your air mass load.

In short go big but there is a point where to big hurts bandwidth

Here it is with basically a hole in the box... with a .75" vent length... that's 131.64hz... then what next?... test?... I'd like to use a driver that's compatible and does well... anyone know of a good one to use for modeling?
JhfKe4.jpg

W58CdY.jpg

I'm in the dark here... or am I?
Dont ever use winisd for 6th orders, unreliable and inaccurate.

I need to play with mines too, gonna tune the rear chamber lower. But work gets in the way uggh.
Seems you have time since your always on here lol......sorry Jeff, had to rub it in a little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The first curve is good but those programs don't account for phase and port dampening without adjustments.Play with the ports qt. The larger the ort the less acoustical resistance but like a subwoofer with a larger piston you increase your air mass load.

In short go big but there is a point where to big hurts bandwidth
Is this looking to be a little closer?.. I'm just tryin to get a feel of what to look for... thanks for the help

mWZvEp.jpg

PDMi42.jpg

kVsCfp.jpg

8rzGJR.jpg

kNLXQY.jpg

does this one look closer to a starting point?... thx in advance

Is this looking to be a little closer?.. I'm just tryin to get a feel of what to look for... thanks for the help

does this one look closer to a starting point?... thx in advance
this is what the ideal graph looks like, however the front and rear chamber tuning needs to be switched but winisd doesn't allow that without making the graph look like sh*t so yeah its a fool's errand to design a 6th with winisd. You need bass box pro and sketchup.

CXIym9.jpg

this is what the ideal graph looks like, however the front and rear chamber tuning needs to be switched but winisd doesn't allow that without making the graph look like sh*t so yeah its a fool's errand to design a 6th with winisd. You need bass box pro and sketchup.
CXIym9.jpg
That's why it seems like I'm just pounding my head against the wall getting nowhere huh?

CXIym9.jpg
6th order series and parallel are totally different..

This is the second box I designed. But I don't know if this one will work. I'm not even sure what kind of box this would be.
stick with ported, get that down first before you jump into the deep end of the pool. Unless you are ready to build an easily modifiable box and are willing to do plenty of testing and rebuilds. Most first time 6th orders end up being horrendous.

stick with ported, get that down first before you jump into the deep end of the pool. Unless you are ready to build an easily modifiable box and are willing to do plenty of testing and rebuilds. Most first time 6th orders end up being horrendous.
I've already built a ported box. I'm trying to expand my abilities. I am prepared to make modifications to the box, as I will be fiber glassing everything but the port area. I'm just going to do screws for the port, so I can make minor adjustments.

but do you thing the box I posted could work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.