Sketchup Practice...give me your preferred net volume and tuning frequency

slikrider20
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Nebraska
Been playing with sketchup/winisd a lot lately, who wants a design done? feel free to add constructive criticism, of course! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

i've even been making cutout sheets as well making it easy to let your home depot employee where to make all the vertical cuts

Been playing with sketchup/winisd a lot lately, who wants a design done? feel free to add constructive criticism, of course! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
i've even been making cutout sheets as well making it easy to let your home depot employee where to make all the vertical cuts
i'll play 1.8cf ad 35hz box 29"w 14h 15d (recessed double baffle) 2"x 12.5" high port.. port should be about 26" long..

Vertical only cuts are essential to getting a straight cut at the Depot or any big box hardware store. I was told by the lumber manager at my old store that the saw is off about 1/8" on horizontal cuts and as long as you keep it vertical you'll be ok. The problem is the saw is abused all day everyday and not every associate is skilled at operating it.

i'll play 1.8cf ad 35hz box 29"w 14h 15d (recessed double baffle) 2"x 12.5" high port.. port should be about 26" long..
i'll sketch that up after work tonight!

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

6th order?
don't know **** about bandpass enclosures...just doing simple ported boxes for now.

You charge fees for the designs?if so, give us a breakdown of them,and what have you built and designed with picks with customer reviews?

6th order?
I'm getting into 6th orders and I'd say play with dimensions in Winisd then transfer it to sketchup or by hand, it's basically 2 ported boxes conjoined at the baffle. I picked a cheap 8 under $50 and came up with a design that models up pretty well with an f3 of 34hz and plays flat from 40-60hz.

I'm getting into 6th orders and I'd say play with dimensions in Winisd then transfer it to sketchup or by hand, it's basically 2 ported boxes conjoined at the baffle. I picked a cheap 8 under $50 and came up with a design that models up pretty well with an f3 of 34hz and plays flat from 40-60hz.
I don’t own a computer so I’m gunna have to do it all out on paper!

I can’t decide between 4th or 6th tho. I want to destroy on the lows!

I can't comprehend the lack of computer ownership lol I have 3 laptops and a media center desktop.
i have to own pc i don't use internet on phone lol.. 1/2 the kids these days just use phone and in fairness they are 50x more powerful than my 1st pc was lol..

hurry up dammit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

slikrider20

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
slikrider20
Nebraska
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date