Sony xplod enclosure HELP

Participant count
  • Participant list

maynap

Hello everyone ,

I would like to build a ported enclosure for my subwoofer so it can produce better lows , it's actually mounted in a sealed box , it does hit hard but below 35hz it's hard to hear , knowing that the sub frequencey response is 18 hz - 2000 hz

My sub model is xs L121p5 , 12"

View attachment 26557065

It would be great if someone could help me with calculations and measurments

Thank you very much

Hello everyone ,
I would like to build a ported enclosure for my subwoofer so it can produce better lows , it's actually mounted in a sealed box , it does hit hard but below 35hz it's hard to hear , knowing that the sub frequencey response is 18 hz - 2000 hz

My sub model is xs L121p5 , 12"

View attachment 26557065

It would be great if someone could help me with calculations and measurments

Thank you very much
well man everyone here will tell u building your own box is best., that said for a 350 watt sony sub i found 1 thattll work for that sub on walmart site for $38 but i doubt u would be able to order it lol.. (i searched pics of your country very pretty cities) that sub doesn't need a big box and port size is mostly determined by box size but we also need to know what amp u are running to it the actual rms power sub is getting to check for port noise..

Hello,

Thank you for you reply , and yeah we have nice cities and weather here you should visit

Actually I can't buy a box so I need to build one and would like that it will be tuned to somewhere at 30hz , I have a little amp MTX Audio TC2002 that pushes 200w RMS at 4ohm in bridged mode so it's not the best amp for that sub , but any suggestions to the best amp for that sub ? something not expensive

Thank you

Hello,
Thank you for you reply , and yeah we have nice cities and weather here you should visit

Actually I can't buy a box so I need to build one and would like that it will be tuned to somewhere at 30hz , I have a little amp MTX Audio TC2002 that pushes 200w RMS at 4ohm in bridged mode so it's not the best amp for that sub , but any suggestions to the best amp for that sub ? something not expensive

Thank you
there are alot of amps u being able to get them is the problem.. if u can find a jbl 500 and infinity 551 (they test at 650rms or so at 2ohm 350 or more at 4 ohm) maybe u could find 1 of those and later get a dual 4 ohm sub to get all the power from amp i'll look for 2 channels for u later.. ok box i came up with is sort of like the 1 i have my pioneer 3003 in 27" wide x14" high x 15" deep with 2"wide x 12.5" high slot port 28" long should tune to 35hz after your sub disp. and will play down below 30hz safely(now the depth if me figuring a double front baffle board, that will help u if u get heavier sub later) port air velocity is very low but like u said i hope u can get bigger amp.. or u can just copy my prefab box which did well on my pioneer box is just not as long with 1.5" wide port i can run that one for u too later which would be better for amp u have now..

I saw your 3003 videos and that thing hits really hard lol ,

can you make me a little measurement sheet for that box so I can convert to mellimeters and start building it ?, and also i think its good if I want to upgrade to a better sub later

I will also try to search for the amps that you listed or something similar because the choice here is very limited

I saw your 3003 videos and that thing hits really hard lol , can you make me a little measurement sheet for that box so I can convert to mellimeters and start building it ?, and also i think its good if I want to upgrade to a better sub later

I will also try to search for the amps that you listed or something similar because the choice here is very limited
man i'm not good at mocking up stuff to show i only use paper to get dimensions and put that in wins box program to check box freq curve and port air velocity.. i'll run 1 again later with 1.75"w port see what it shows., just remember if u go with amp like 4 times bigger u would need little more port area but if u can find nice 5-900 rms amp that would be good for the 1.5-1.75" w port as long as u stay around same box size.. i could draw up the box and take of pic of it and email it to u tonite, send me a private message with email, unless someone else mocks 1 up for u ..

Allright

I would like a box that will let me put bigger sub/amp without loosing the lower end frequencies so i guess like you said around 1.5 - 1.75" port will be great, correct me if i'm wrong

i've sent you a private message , and thank you very much for you help

Measure the amount of space you have for an enclosure, you need 7+ cubes gross for an 18. That's 115 cubic centimeters

I will put it i a BMW E34 trunk that has 460 liters
nvm, i thought you were putting an 18 in. i see that you're doing a 12, that will fit no problem. you need ~2 cubes net

is the sony xplod the only subwoofer you want to use? is anything else available

nvm, i thought you were putting an 18 in. i see that you're doing a 12, that will fit no problem. you need ~2 cubes net
is the sony xplod the only subwoofer you want to use? is anything else available
Yeah i'm planning to put it facing the trunk lid , or i have an idea where the sub and the vent is on the side of the box like some hometheater subs but it's not important ,

And i do have 20 inches of height and width , the trunk is pretty big

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.