5k options ?

It makes sense. But if they're rated at a lower voltage, then I consider that "proper voltage" for that amp. And why rate at 12V? I mean rating at 14.4V either came because that's what a car does when on, or because you can get larger numbers on paper. I'm betting on the latter. Which makes it dumb. I'm just saying, it's all dumb, manufacturers should all get on the same fucking page. Give numbers for both 12V and 14.4V if that makes everyone happy. But don't make us as consumers fucking guess on what's actually going on.
It's marketing, it's business, I understand that. And that's why it won't change. This was just a buzzed rant by me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I hear ya, but you also have to take into account a lot of people, especially with newer cars with ELD's and all that dumb **** hardly charge IN the 14s, like the civic for example, it only charges over 14 when it senses that it needs it, AC being on, window being rolled down, etc..

And then we have people who actually do charge at 14.4 where most amps are rated, but do they see 14.4 consistently? Nope.. And if they have a system in their car with anything short of STOUT electrical, they won't ever see 14.4 hardly.

Then we have me, my DC xp keeps my sheit charged at 15.3 all day.

I guess what I'm trying to get across, is even if they rated the all amps at 14.4, you're still gonna have people either not getting rated or getting more out of it because of whatever they charge at, electrical, etc..

Yea I know my aq can go to quarter but prolly 15-20% thd lol I got the electrical to back it just kicking ideas around wanna get a dc 5k and call it a day but want room to upgrade subs later on. maybe lvl5s and a ab 750.1 will be in my future

Id get another 3500 for sure.

Whatever you do make sure you have pllllllenty of battery backing it up or it'll go poof.

Yea I would have batts to back it up amps going poof because if low voltage is kinda a myth tho fyi call dbr ask him how many a amps he's fixed due to low voltage . Most new amps including even hi fonics will run at 10v and will run hot and thermal protect . But yea I may do that aonly reason I said new amp is cause by the time I grt around and upgrade I won't be able to get a matching aq amp anymore they selling out of old stock now

I hear ya, but you also have to take into account a lot of people, especially with newer cars with ELD's and all that dumb **** hardly charge IN the 14s, like the civic for example, it only charges over 14 when it senses that it needs it, AC being on, window being rolled down, etc..

And then we have people who actually do charge at 14.4 where most amps are rated, but do they see 14.4 consistently? Nope.. And if they have a system in their car with anything short of STOUT electrical, they won't ever see 14.4 hardly.

I guess what I'm trying to get across, is even if they rated the all amps at 14.4, you're still gonna have people either not getting rated or getting more out of it because of whatever they charge at, electrical, etc..
My cars computer keeps me from charging higher than 14.4 most 06 and up vehicles are limited by cpu has nothing to do with it being a dc power alt

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

My cars computer keeps me from charging higher than 14.4 most 06 and up vehicles are limited by cpu has nothing to do with it being a dc power alt

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Yeah it does considering its internally regulated to charge at 15.3. Brand doesn't matter, but where it's regulated to charge at does

Along with a ELD bypass that is

Yep and my car says all it wants us 14.4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I see high 15s for like 2 secs when I start lol!

Yep and my car says all it wants us 14.4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I see high 15s for like 2 secs when I start lol!
I would hate that:( I wanna add one more Deka but my electrical is pretty stout, especially when driving. I really do love idling and having "voltage drop" into the 14s

What's your budget? You have more options if strapped is in the cards. I'd go 2 AQ2200D's and call it a day. Or BC's.
No budget really man just kicking it around seeing who's got exp with certain things //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would hate that:( I wanna add one more Deka but my electrical is pretty stout, especially when driving. I really do love idling and having "voltage drop" into the 14s
Yea at 1100 rpm I lose .8 volts at most full tilt

See that eld bs wont work on my car ..it has afm which cuts half the cylinders and slows belt speed down witu auto adjust tensioner ..so i gota get someone with a progranner to turn off the afm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.