!5" sub options?

The sub is fine. He doesnt even know what the hell i was talking about. It didnt smell hardly at all. It started to smell for 2 seconds then went away.
You openly admitted to abusing his system. Here I will put that in bold for you...

Nate the sub is fine. Lol you havent even heard it. stop Trying to switch your sh*t up when you dont even have it in yet. And the reason it was smelling was because I was running the amp really high. Just stop trying to swithc your sh*t around. You havent even got anything in yet. And the box isnt a small box. Its 2.6 cubes but it has plenty of room to play with. the box it 30"x20"x10.5" deep with the port firing out and the sub facing up. From what I played with it yesterday everything was fine with the box and the sub hit deep and clear notes. Dont start judging it before you even hear it. This will be more than enough for what you want. Trust me.
I'm sorry, but if you act this way, please let professionals handle customers. It is obviously not what you are interested in at this time.

Further more, what is your definition of fine? Is it the same as mine or others? Is the sub still new? Why would you hook it up anyway, if the customer asks the answer is always no unless it is going into the customers car. Now you are liable for that sub and amp.

You openly admitted to abusing his system. Here I will put that in bold for you...

I'm sorry, but if you act this way, please let professionals handle customers. It is obviously not what you are interested in at this time.
lol okay dude. It wasnt abused at all. That sub hardly moved when it did it.

i haven't heard it inside. but this is to figure out what kind of system i might want in the future. not just gonna quick swap on my system right now

lol okay dude. It wasnt abused at all. That sub hardly moved when it did it.
Irrelevant at this time. Do not get upset that I call you out on this. People like you make the rest of us look bad.

You never did address my question on the enclosure. Is it externally ported or did you screw that up to?

30 x 20 x 10.5 only gets you 2.7 gross

No. Its an internal port and its not messed up at all. When I built it everything went into consideration and I did a fair amout of homework on it. I dont care what you say i did the calculations on it and it turned out fine. Sounds perfeclty fine to me.

No. Its an internal port and its not messed up at all. When I built it everything went into consideration and I did a fair amout of homework on it. I dont care what you say i did the calculations on it and it turned out fine. Sounds perfeclty fine to me.
So please give more details on the enclosure then. So far no one seems to know what the actual net space is. It is obviously very low at this point and to small for the sub.

So your definition of playing fine is that it played and had a smell?

Why are you so defensive? I'm looking out for YOUR customer. It would seem he needs the help at the moment. When can he expect his new sub btw?

im not rele his customer i guess. he's my friend helping me with the system... i heard it last night and it def hits low. he said it started to smell a little but i was never actually inside the car with it.

im not rele his customer i guess. he's my friend helping me with the system... i heard it last night and it def hits low. he said it started to smell a little but i was never actually inside the car with it.
It is the point of it that matters. The enclosure is obviously not correct(this is very obvious) and then he used your equipment to beat on. If you are ok with that, then ok. However, make sure he never does this again. Also, do not let him build you an enclosure unless you have a design that is trustworthy.

I'm glad your friend is helping you out, but to be honest that is were most mistakes get made.

yeah true. i don't think he rele beat on it as much as it seams. and if/ when i do make a new box for this or another system ill let uk the specs. c if u okay them...

yeah true. i don't think he rele beat on it as much as it seams. and if/ when i do make a new box for this or another system ill let uk the specs. c if u okay them...
Sounds good. I can give you some sort of idea on the enclosure working correctly or not. Until then just toss what you have in the car and see what happens. I will guess you will want a little more output of it though. The enclosure is a chocking point and depending on how it fits in the car it could be there as well.

dude if i was you i would scrap ur box and get a design by pro-rabbit and if u cant build it urself get him to build it. then install ur system and set the gains on the amp correctly so you are not clipping and see how u like it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.