!5" sub options?

If that is all the space you have, then go down to a 12. Also, stop clipping the amp. That is causing the smelling issues you are talking about.

If you are not sure, I have been very hands on with OA for a little while now.

I'm new to car audio. so I'm looking at what id need to do to my car to make it handle that much power lol. cuz ik my car will be the weakest link. 09 honda civic. what do i need to do with my electrical. already putting in a big 3. and running 4 awg. at what point do i need another battery or a high performance alternator?

Btw

Im thinking ill have to stick with two 12's or two 10's. thinking 2 sa 12's cuz they like smaller enclosures so they should fit in my trunk. what amp should i get?

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

I'm new to car audio. so I'm looking at what id need to do to my car to make it handle that much power lol. cuz ik my car will be the weakest link. 09 honda civic. what do i need to do with my electrical. already putting in a big 3. and running 4 awg. at what point do i need another battery or a high performance alternator?

Btw

Im thinking ill have to stick with two 12's or two 10's. thinking 2 sa 12's cuz they like smaller enclosures so they should fit in my trunk. what amp should i get?

If you are limited to 2.9(ish) after all displacements you are better off with a single 12 in most cases. You can switch to using precision ports and you can maybe manage to get a little more space but not much.

Honda's in general have smaller alts 80 or so amps. These cars normally require an upgraded alt anytime you are adding anything electrical to the car. If you add a battery you are taking away from the space of the enclosure and putting a band-aid over the real issue which will surface again.

go with a 2000 watt rms amp ,like sundown or dc,also and extra group 31 battery in the back and bigger alt.now the question is ,do you want all that weight in your trunk.battery will be 65-80 lbs and the woofer and box can be another 100 easy. do yourself a favor and toss the 4 gauge and use 0 gauge wire instead

true i could fit a lot more in my trunk. its just i couldn't face the 15 forward had to be up. my trunk is really wide and deep tho. gbob is running two sa 10's that are recommended at 1.5 cubes. but he talked to jacob directly and jacob said to run them at 1 cube each. so id have more that enough room for the 12's. so what amp and how many amp alt do i need?

true i could fit a lot more in my trunk. its just i couldn't face the 15 forward had to be up. my trunk is really wide and deep tho. gbob is running two sa 10's that are recommended at 1.5 cubes. but he talked to jacob directly and jacob said to run them at 1 cube each. so id have more that enough room for the 12's. so what amp and how many amp alt do i need?
It is obvious you do not want any real help. Good luck with the your build.

don't want to spend a ton. lets start with what kind of amp id need to power the two sa 12's
Lets start with the space you have to work with. You have no idea what can fit in your car, that much is obvious. You also have a current setup that would work just fine if you didn't clip the amp causing the sub to smell. All though I would like to know the specs on the enclosure before I would say yes it will work.

BTW- This is the last chance you have for my help. If you continue to ignore it, which is your choice and I am ok with that, I will no longer post offering you help.

k. sorry pro rabbit ik u know a LOT more bout this stuff than i do. I'm just hear a bunch of diff things. lets just go with one 12 for now. i think my trunk is something like 18 high by like 38 by 42. don't rele remember but ill have more accurate specs later.

Lets start with the space you have to work with. You have no idea what can fit in your car, that much is obvious. You also have a current setup that would work just fine if you didn't clip the amp causing the sub to smell. All though I would like to know the specs on the enclosure before I would say yes it will work.
BTW- This is the last chance you have for my help. If you continue to ignore it, which is your choice and I am ok with that, I will no longer post offering you help.
Pro Rabbit i agree with you on the single 12 for what he is tring to run. I just think he has so many people droping options his way that he dont know exactly what to go with. Mr Meyhem is a really good guy so try to bare with him. Not tring to tell you what to do.

lol dude,.... PLEASE read pro-rabbits posts he has put out all of the solutions to all of your questions...

yea but if you install another battery in the back ,you can 0 gauge between the batteries and 4 gauge to the amp.listen to rabbit he's trying to tell you what needs to be done to make your current set up work .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.