RCA Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

MDamman23011
10+ year member

Michigan
In a 2008 BMW 335, I have the LOC wired and a JL 500/1. I have 3 different sets of RCA cables so I know they ALL can't be bad. When i plug them into the LOC and run them to the amp, the sub barely moves. But when I take one of the RCA cables out and touch it to the outside of where it plugs in, the sub then hits like normal. What could be causing this problem? Bad RCA inputs on the amp I am thinking? If so, how would I go about repairing them?

Sounds like something is loose. Does the rca terminal on the amp wiggle around at all? I don't know if the warranty is void if you pop open the back, but if it doesn't void it I would take a peak. Could be a loose solder joint somewhere.

no movement in the RCA terminals
Do you have a dmm? I would probe around and see if you can find any weak parts of the terminal. Also make sure there is nothing inside the RCA itself. Some dust or random fuzz that finds itself in the terminal will ruin a lot of conductivity.

no movement in the RCA terminals
Do you have a dmm? I would probe around and see if you can find any weak parts of the terminal. Also make sure there is nothing inside the RCA itself. Some dust or random fuzz that finds itself in the terminal will ruin a lot of conductivity.

no I do not have one of those but I am checking to see if a friend has one I could borrow and I will check to make sure of any dust and what not

no I do not have one of those but I am checking to see if a friend has one I could borrow and I will check to make sure of any dust and what not

Use a toothpick or a paper clip and lightly try and pull anything out that may be in the rca. Make sure not to break anything off though lol

Use a toothpick or a paper clip and lightly try and pull anything out that may be in the rca. Make sure not to break anything off though lol

well i hooked up another amp my buddy gave me...everything works perfectly

I am happy to say I have yet to hook up a system and everything works the first time (wire wise that is) but disappointed I was the dumb *** that bought a used amp. Well i guess you learn from your mistakes and move on. There are some ****** people out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.