$300, what’s your setup? Sub(s) and amp.

Those look pretty cool. Alpine likes to bury the specs in ******** though. I like the 600w RMS rating, but their xmax claims seem a bit exaggerated. Overall, I thought the JLs were expensive at 380 each.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-033243_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-033243_Firefox.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20210526-033155_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-033155_Firefox.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 54
That does seem like a lot of cone movement on a shallow mount. Hoping I run into a box build for one of the type r shallows some day. Last shallow mount I did a build for was the pioneer, and they weren’t too bad. It was 2 of them forward facing, ported to the side behind the seat of a Chevy 1500. Dayton audio has a shallow mount that isn’t bad but I’ve only heard that one in a home audio setup. Box was built into the wall in between the framing. Pretty neat little home audio setup when it was paired with a couple of bookshelf size speakers. If I owned a truck, I’d surely try the Dayton’s behind the seat.

That does seem like a lot of cone movement on a shallow mount. Hoping I run into a box build for one of the type r shallows some day. Last shallow mount I did a build for was the pioneer, and they weren’t too bad. It was 2 of them forward facing, ported to the side behind the seat of a Chevy 1500. Dayton audio has a shallow mount that isn’t bad but I’ve only heard that one in a home audio setup. Box was built into the wall in between the framing. Pretty neat little home audio setup when it was paired with a couple of bookshelf size speakers. If I owned a truck, I’d surely try the Dayton’s behind the seat.

It's still more than the full size W3's. Even the W6 is only 19mm, it's really not that bad. The Pioneer slims are like 7mm

It's still more than the full size W3's. Even the W6 is only 19mm, it's really not that bad. The Pioneer slims are like 7mm
Yeah. I was actually surprised at how much bass the pioneers actually do with the low xmax they have. I don’t remember what I tuned them at, but it was high 30s I think. Country music listening guy, so they were plenty of bass for him. We banged around with a few rap songs to test it out, and they were ok for rap even. Not for bassheads, but for a normal listener, they are fine.

Yeah. I was actually surprised at how much bass the pioneers actually do with the low xmax they have. I don’t remember what I tuned them at, but it was high 30s I think. Country music listening guy, so they were plenty of bass for him. We banged around with a few rap songs to test it out, and they were ok for rap even. Not for bassheads, but for a normal listener, they are fine.

Yeah like I said I am running those pioneers in my Subaru. I just have them sealed, so I'm sure I could pull some more out of them, but these big motor big xmax slims are another level. I honestly like the pioneers. Clean, crisp, and at times fairly punchy low end. Pretty great SQ, especially sealed. I would throw them in a ported box, but my wife now drives that car and she likes the subs just how they are (very much not a bass head). The Sundown SD-4 has me interested as well. It does have more mounting depth the the 10tw3, But it has good xmax. But, when I was modeling the two side by side the JL liked my enclosure better. And since the sundown is already $300 each, I figured what's an extra 80$ for the JL (actually an extra 40$, I bought Crutchfield open boxes)

Yeah like I said I am running those pioneers in my Subaru. I just have them sealed, so I'm sure I could pull some more out of them, but these big motor big xmax slims are another level. I honestly like the pioneers. Clean, crisp, and at times fairly punchy low end. Pretty great SQ, especially sealed. I would throw them in a ported box, but my wife now drives that car and she likes the subs just how they are (very much not a bass head). The Sundown SD-4 has me interested as well. It does have more mounting depth the the 10tw3, But it has good xmax. But, when I was modeling the two side by side the JL liked my enclosure better. And since the sundown is already $300 each, I figured what's an extra 80$ for the JL (actually an extra 40$, I bought Crutchfield open boxes)
I'm also running a slim pioneer in a prefab ported box in my offroad rig. I'm happy with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...