Advice on new setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fk8rrrr

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a new 2021 Civic Type R and want to do some better base, will do other speakers later. I don't know anything about car audio but google gave me some good ideas.
What I'm thinking so far:

Sub: Focal P20 FSE 8in shallow
Amp: RF r2-500x1 (I do have someone offering a kicker cx 800w class d for $140 so idk if the $100 is worth it)
LC2i
Stinger 9000 1.5" RCA (someone selling one for $70) or audio quest golden gate 1m (someone selling for $30)
Probably RF 8guage kit they got

Not sure what I'm missing or if it will all work together. Need some ideas, suggestion on if its right or better parts are needed. Price wise not too concerned but not a bunch higher.

Last edited:
Say no to shallow subs!!!
I get the fact that you want to do 8"to save space
Get a proper 8 and put it in a proper ported box
You will thank me every time you get in your car

Say no to shallow subs!!!
I get the fact that you want to do 8"to save space
Get a proper 8 and put it in a proper ported box
You will thank me every time you get in your car
The issue is space and I do not plan on making a larger sub enclosure than stock. I would like to have all the room in my hatch. It’s not a large space and this came as a recommendation at one point. I need like another 20% bass than what factory can deliver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...