Help needed with amp and headunit setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

V8Nate

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, I'm in need of help with the tuning/setup of my new stereo setup I'm working on in my ext cab s10. The head unit is a alpine ilx-w670 and the amp is a kicker kx700.5. I'll be using a bazooka el804 sub and Pyle pl63bl and Pyle pl410bl speakers off the amp. I also have Pyle pl63bl dash speakers I'm going to connect to the speaker outputs off the head unit.

This is my first sound system with amplified speakers, and in the past when I have ran the speakers off the deck and a sub and amp I basically messed with the amp and deck settings for the best sound but had no idea what I was doing. 🤣

I know one can get super in depth with tuning and I'd definitely like to learn but I'm not sure what to set the xovers to and gain and all that and also is it best practice to leave the headunit set where it is and adjust the amp to perfect the sound?

If anyone can give some advice on where I should even start would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm using quite the mix of new and old hodgepogded together but I'm using stuff I have and would like to get it to work as well as it can

Thanks

Here some info on the amp, sub and speakers ill be running off the amp
Screenshot_20240405_193012_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240405_193425_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240405_193553_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20240405_193624_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...