2008 Altima new build log

Update switch out the Crossfire amp and TSS sub with an IDMAX and everybody's favorite the saz 1500, Friday will be swapping crossovers on the comps with The EUROSPORT ES560I'S from CDT. Pics below.

kids009.jpg

kids010.jpg

kids015.jpg

kids008.jpg

I must admit, an Altima coupe with a nice body kit / ground effects = sex.

I mistook one for a 350z once... but a really awesome 350z.

I hear these things are fast. That true?

I must admit, an Altima coupe with a nice body kit / ground effects = sex.
I mistook one for a 350z once... but a really awesome 350z.

I hear these things are fast. That true?
when you drive it in manual mode it will absolutely fly, The cvt remembers how you drive and I usually take off slow from driving my titan. But yes it will fly and no gear jerk with the cvt transmission.

Figured since going all sound quality with the altima I would buy the top of the line crossovers for the front stage. Look at size comparison between the satnet's and the es560I's

cdt010.jpg

cdt012.jpg

cdt011.jpg

Hey gym, I think this was asked earlier but what brand of deadening material did you go with and how much did you use of that product?

I'm looking to deaden my car as well...not sure that I really want to go all out at this point, so probably just the front doors, trunk, and rear deck and wandering how much to get. Probably going to go w/Raamat BXT + Ensolite. My hunch is 2 rolls (125 sq ft) of BXT + 6 yards of Ensolite. I'm too lazy to measure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Hey gym, I think this was asked earlier but what brand of deadening material did you go with and how much did you use of that product?
I'm looking to deaden my car as well...not sure that I really want to go all out at this point, so probably just the front doors, trunk, and rear deck and wandering how much to get. Probably going to go w/Raamat BXT + Ensolite. My hunch is 2 rolls (125 sq ft) of BXT + 6 yards of Ensolite. I'm too lazy to measure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Second Skin damplifier Pro I used 40 square foot in trunk 10 on each door. Very good stuff. My only complaint with second skin was I ordered their roller with my deadener and the roller came exactly a month after the deadener lol.

whoa - ok...so I may not need 125 sq ft if you put 40 + 20-40 (max 80 sq ft for 4 doors) sq ft total in your car. Are you pretty happy w/the results? From the pics it looks like you went crazy on the trunk, but I can't tell how much you put on the doors. Did you just do the front, or rear also? Did you put at least one layer on the outer skin as well as sealing/covering the inner panel? Did you deaden the rear deck (mine is flexing like crazy)?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to learn from your experience //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

the rear deck is not done and it looks like I am going to have to pull it all apart but I don't know where to start, did you do this yet because that back deck is gonna be hard to get apart.

It's actually not that bad once you get into it - I had to remove it to put in my rear speakers (I should have deadened the car then!!!).

From NissanEnthusiast:

Before you remove the deck you have to remove the rear pillars. pop out the "SRS airbag" rectangular piece with a flat head and remove the 10mm bolt. Then use a flat head wrapped in a wrag and start near the front of the car and pry off the A-pillar. I used short hard jerks to pop it out and slowly moved back towards the rear window. Then you can lower the rear seats. You'll see a plastic trim piece where the seats would rest if they were up... it has I think 6 pop in plastic taps, remove those, and then remove that piece. Remove the round circle ring that surrounds the seat release button (one with the key hole in it). Pop off the rear tail lamp (it just snaps in place) remove the harness for it. Then the hole rear lid just has white plastic plugs holding it in. You can see them from underneath the rear deck. Pop off the rear deck lid. Install in reverse order, deck first, then pillars.

It's actually not that bad once you get into it - I had to remove it to put in my rear speakers (I should have deadened the car then!!!).
From NissanEnthusiast:

Before you remove the deck you have to remove the rear pillars. pop out the "SRS airbag" rectangular piece with a flat head and remove the 10mm bolt. Then use a flat head wrapped in a wrag and start near the front of the car and pry off the A-pillar. I used short hard jerks to pop it out and slowly moved back towards the rear window. Then you can lower the rear seats. You'll see a plastic trim piece where the seats would rest if they were up... it has I think 6 pop in plastic taps, remove those, and then remove that piece. Remove the round circle ring that surrounds the seat release button (one with the key hole in it). Pop off the rear tail lamp (it just snaps in place) remove the harness for it. Then the hole rear lid just has white plastic plugs holding it in. You can see them from underneath the rear deck. Pop off the rear deck lid. Install in reverse order, deck first, then pillars.
hmmm I might get into this weekend I have nothing else to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.