2008 Altima new build log

I think I got myself into a pickle here. Just got some Raamat BXT deadener and went to deaden the inner doors. Of course I got crazy removing the screws, and didn't realize that the inner pannel actually held the window track. Man, that thing is a a real pain to get back on!!

Gym - did you deaden your inner door? If so, what's the magic secret to getting the screws back into the track on the inner panel?

Extra set of hands FTW! My wife saved the day by holding the window up while I positioned the inner panel with the screws on the window track. There's a couple of black circle stickers right above the bottom screws on each side that you need to take off. With these off, you can pull the track towards the panel so the small screws will go in. From there, it just takes a bit of force to get the inner panel to line up w/the screw holes on the door to fasten it back up.

Just thought I'd detail for anyone that might run across this. Man, what a difference deadener makes! This is the first time I've used it, and it is A NIGHT and DAY difference. Very well worth the complete pain it was //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Extra set of hands FTW! My wife saved the day by holding the window up while I positioned the inner panel with the screws on the window track. There's a couple of black circle stickers right above the bottom screws on each side that you need to take off. With these off, you can pull the track towards the panel so the small screws will go in. From there, it just takes a bit of force to get the inner panel to line up w/the screw holes on the door to fasten it back up.
Just thought I'd detail for anyone that might run across this. Man, what a difference deadener makes! This is the first time I've used it, and it is A NIGHT and DAY difference. Very well worth the complete pain it was //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Mike I did not deaden the inner door for this same problem I have some damplifier pro here at the house I was gonna use on it but I need help like you said. I have been working on the back deck and it was pretty easy as you told me. Its so hot and I don't have a fan in my garage or anything so I am working after dark. What speakers did you end up running in the door? I have still yet to install my iridiums because I don't want to take the door apart again until I deaden them.

Right now I'm still running the CDT CL61A 25 Pro components that I originally bought. They sound pretty good, and a LOT better after the deadener was installed, but still seem to be lacking mid bass. The mids are crossed over at 4k I believe, so it's understandable as they're doing a lot of work.

I'm debating buying either the Polk SR6500s or DynAudio 240GTs, and I've heard great things about those Iridiums too. If you wouldn't have sold those HSKs I probably would have been all over them! Think I'm just going to go for gusto on a nice set of comps and be done with it.

How'd the deadening of your back deck turn out? Are you pretty happy w/the results? I'm looking to do mine tonight. Bought some weatherstripping as well to stop that brake light from smacking the glass, it's driving me crazy!

Right now I'm still running the CDT CL61A 25 Pro components that I originally bought. They sound pretty good, and a LOT better after the deadener was installed, but still seem to be lacking mid bass. The mids are crossed over at 4k I believe, so it's understandable as they're doing a lot of work.
I'm debating buying either the Polk SR6500s or DynAudio 240GTs, and I've heard great things about those Iridiums too. If you wouldn't have sold those HSKs I probably would have been all over them! Think I'm just going to go for gusto on a nice set of comps and be done with it.

How'd the deadening of your back deck turn out? Are you pretty happy w/the results? I'm looking to do mine tonight. Bought some weatherstripping as well to stop that brake light from smacking the glass, it's driving me crazy!
Sub will be here tomorrow and getting a new box also, I am going to be running an arc audio flatline again I had this sub before and loved it actually more than My idmax.

Very nice man! It looks like you change out components about as often as I change my underwear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I've never heard the flatline and it'll be interesting to see how you compare it to the idmax. You going to go ported again?

I picked up a pair of TC Sounds TC2+ 12" subs from vitveet, who also built my box, and have been very impressed w/them. I've got them in 2.2 cube sealed w/about 2 lbs of polyfill. I was looking for TCs or IDMax, and he happened to have a couple of lightly used TCs on hand at a great price so I jumped on it. Super clean and they play the lows with authority.

So you still have the CDT's in your car? Interesting that you went that way after all of the other comps you had in hand based on your FS threads. Keep the pics coming as you get this setup perfected!

Got around to installing new substage and compponents today. Running a Arc Audio Flatline off of a PDX1.000 , I love this sub I believe it sounds just as good as IDMAX but get louder and handles more power. Also installed DLS Iridium 6.2i's running off my sax 100.2 passive which they sound amazing. Pics below but forgot to take pics of the dls install besides tweeter.

flatline003.jpg

flatline005.jpg

flatline007.jpg

flatline009.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.