207vsau.jpg

also got in between the wires

f0upmh.jpg

Also sealed the back of the box

egjf5.jpg

ojjqsk.jpg

And now the Subs!!

2h7phzk.jpg

some may not be a big fan of this but I soldered the wires together to make it easier to attach to the subs without threads hanging out.

xcrody.jpg

Next time I need to make sure all dust is out of the box. Plus I need to put some sealant around the openings

e5l4x4.jpg

Nice. That's definitely looking like it's sounding pretty good. The camera does a pretty good job from a video aspect. It's quick enough to not make the subs look like they're warping. There aren't many cameras that pick up the sound well though from subs. Maybe one day I'll do my Jeep up like that and get it loud. Good job.

why sub back port up? It's probably louder, and from my experience cleaner, subs up ports back.
1. Less chance something being s ucked into the port.

2. I think it help soundwaves mature better (or get deeper) when it reaches the front of the vehicle. But I’m not an acoustics engineer so......

I've always heard that sub up port back is best for SUVs/vans. That being said, my setup is sub & port back. I think it does an alright job. It's probably more vehicle dependent than vehicle type dependent. If you're happy with the way it sounds, it's good for you. Judging by the looks of things, I'd imagine you're more than happy with the output. You've got some pretty mad flex going on.

I've always heard that sub up port back is best for SUVs/vans. That being said, my setup is sub & port back. I think it does an alright job. It's probably more vehicle dependent than vehicle type dependent. If you're happy with the way it sounds, it's good for you. Judging by the looks of things, I'd imagine you're more than happy with the output. You've got some pretty mad flex going on.
When I made that box it was with my 2002 grand Cherokee in mind. then I had to get another vehicle. kept the box because I put too much time into it so that it can take a pounding from the mojo's. With the Trunk open it dont sound as good. but when it is closed, LOOKOUT!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.