2003 Civic Sedan - Looking for 150

Since the last update, I did another show and took 1st in one class, and 2nd in the other.

Did some more testing today. Playing with port length, and a couple other minor things yielded a 150.0 SEALED under 2500 watts (one class I run in). At 3k watts, it only gains another .2.

Very happy to finally get this. Been working towards it for 6+ months now. Now if I can do it at a show, I'll be ecstatic.

Probably won't happen unless the weather is perfect at a show, though I actually got this score in less than perfect weather for my car.

It loves below 80* sealed. I lose about .1 for every degree above that. Tested today at 85* though, so there is hope.

It LOVES 90*+ outlaw though. Will gain 1db at 95* vs 70*.

Haven't changed anything, but did some low power testing for fun, and checked my 30 second music average (another class I'll probably start playing in).

30 second average

The first setup I put in the car was a single SA-15 on a SAE-1000 amp. Never checked clamp power, But I imagine it was around 500 or so. Best it did was a 139.

Here's what the car will do now on 200 watts.

What song do you use for 45hz peak 30 second average?
Does your org do doors/windows open or sealed for that class?
Lil John Push That.

In the org I run in you can run the music class sealed on the dash or outlaw in the kick. Whichever you want. I tried both, and outlaw is by far better for me.

Thanks. I've read that thread probably 3 times now. Some of the things worked really well when I had a single 2k amp (visor/seat position), but since doubling power they do absolutely nothing for score. Since buying a meter, I've tested a dozen or more times trying various things. Some work, some hurt. But I'd venture to guess nobody knows the CAR better than me. There's a few things I need to try with the box to see if I can gain a little more efficiency and a couple more tenths.

There's some things I could do to the car as well that I'm certain would get me some decent gains, but I'm PLANNING on walling the car after finals in September, and those things won't translate to a better anything in the wall setup...and will cost money to do.

Thanks. I've read that thread probably 3 times now. Some of the things worked really well when I had a single 2k amp (visor/seat position), but since doubling power they do absolutely nothing for score. Since buying a meter, I've tested a dozen or more times trying various things. Some work, some hurt. But I'd venture to guess nobody knows the CAR better than me. There's a few things I need to try with the box to see if I can gain a little more efficiency and a couple more tenths.
There's some things I could do to the car as well that I'm certain would get me some decent gains, but I'm PLANNING on walling the car after finals in September, and those things won't translate to a better anything in the wall setup...and will cost money to do.
Nice. Hope you can find your 50 at your next show and tuned in for the wall re-build.

I probably won't even try at the next show to get a 50, unless it's needed. So far, I consistently take 1st in the 2500 watt class, except for once. The next guy up from me is 2db louder, and running a burp box. I'm still running a daily box (with burp port in comps). So there's not a lot of hope in my catching him before finals.

The next person down from me is now down almost 6db from me. So I'll keep the 50 to myself until finals...

No progress or updated on the current build, but...

I just ordered two more XL 12's for the wall build after finals.

As of now the plan is 4 XL 12's in a 4th order wall on 8 - 10k watts. Hoping for 55's with that setup. We shall see.

This build will start probably late September. *I* won't be building the wall myself, rather paying someone for that. Everything else (including permanently removing the sunroof) will be done by me. Since this a beater car, I'll likely just use bedliner on the roof. It's not a pretty car to begin with, so....

Another two 1st place finishes today. Did the best sealed score I've done at a show so far. 147.9. Was NOT going for the 150 today. Purposely sandbagging at the moment. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Another two 1st place finishes today. Did the best sealed score I've done at a show so far. 147.9. Was NOT going for the 150 today. Purposely sandbagging at the moment. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Why are you sandbagging? Also why can I see your photobucket pics?

Why are you sandbagging? Also why can I see your photobucket pics?
No idea why my Photobucket still works. Been working after everyone else's quit, and I haven't changed anything.

As far as sandbagging...

Word has it that there's several guys wanting to beat me. I want to have enough in "reserve" to make sure that doesn't happen just yet. Finals is around the corner and I'm all set for a top 3 finish, with #1 being a good possibility.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.