2003 Civic Sedan - Looking for 150

Did some testing and another show with the new setup.

In testing, it did a 147.7 on 2200 watts clamped and sealed, 148.6 on 3400 watts clamped and sealed, and 150.6 outlaw. Best numbers to date.

At the show, sealed score on under 2500 watts went to crap and outlaw went up. Couldn't do better than 44.x sealed up. Outlaw however, went up to a 151.6! Not sure wtf is up with that, but I couldn't duplicate either number when I got back home.

Was good enough to win 1st in both classes though...

Did some testing and another show with the new setup.
In testing, it did a 147.7 on 2200 watts clamped and sealed, 148.6 on 3400 watts clamped and sealed, and 150.6 outlaw. Best numbers to date.

At the show, sealed score on under 2500 watts went to crap and outlaw went up. Couldn't do better than 44.x sealed up. Outlaw however, went up to a 151.6! Not sure wtf is up with that, but I couldn't duplicate either number when I got back home.

Was good enough to win 1st in both classes though...
Did your peak frequency change?

Did your peak frequency change?
In testing, both before and after the show, no. Was identical to the single 15.

At the show, I'm guessing it did. Was about 25 degrees warmer at the show vs testing. Next show, I'm taking my Termlab with me so I can check it before going through the lanes.

This freaking car is driving me crazy.

Having belt slip issues with the alt. Been having them since I put the HO alt on it. Initially, it just slipped on cold start for a second, then would be fine. Then it would slip under high electrical load occasionally, unless the belt was as tight as a banjo string. A week ago, it'd slip regardless of how tight it was.

So today I added a idler pulley so I could get better belt wrap around the alt pulley, and it slips worse than ever.

I'm assuming that the pulley has glazed over after all the slipping it's done. Going to pull it tomorrow and sand blast the pulley and see if that fixes my problems.

Having belt slip issues with the alt. Been having them since I put the HO alt on it. Initially, it just slipped on cold start for a second, then would be fine. Then it would slip under high electrical load occasionally, unless the belt was as tight as a banjo string. A week ago, it'd slip regardless of how tight it was.

So today I added a idler pulley so I could get better belt wrap around the alt pulley, and it slips worse than ever.

I'm assuming that the pulley has glazed over after all the slipping it's done. Going to pull it tomorrow and sand blast the pulley and see if that fixes my problems.
get ya a smaller belt b. lol

FLEX SEAL THAT ****! KMSL

I put a smaller belt on it when I put the alt on it. The stock belt wouldn't work if I tried.

With the added idler, I had to use a longer belt.

Belt tension is NOT the issue.

I put a smaller belt on it when I put the alt on it. The stock belt wouldn't work if I tried.
With the added idler, I had to use a longer belt.

Belt tension is NOT the issue.
don't know why on earth it would be slipping. where is it slipping? at the alternator?

Do NOT over tighten that belt, you will strain/break something!

Nathan at Excessive Amperage said he has something he does to pulley to help against slipping, so you might reach out to him if Singer doesn't have a solution.

Do NOT over tighten that belt, you will strain/break something!
Nathan at Excessive Amperage said he has something he does to pulley to help against slipping, so you might reach out to him if Singer doesn't have a solution.
I own a auto repair shop, so I do actually know when to stop tightening. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Tight as a banjo string may have been a bit of an exaggeration.

I'll pull the pulley tomorrow and see if there's an issue there. If I can't figure it out, and Singer can't help me, I'll give EA a ring and see what they say. Thanks for that.

I own a auto repair shop, so I do actually know when to stop tightening. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Tight as a banjo string may have been a bit of an exaggeration.
I'll pull the pulley tomorrow and see if there's an issue there. If I can't figure it out, and Singer can't help me, I'll give EA a ring and see what they say. Thanks for that.
you tried some belt dressing yet? it does work. helps keep moisture out and increase contact area.. is your belt really dry? id bet it slipped for a while and dried the belt out.. if thats the case the belt dressing will help by softening it up and keep water from bonding and causing it to slip and dry out..

maybe alt messing up to hard to turn..

Pulled the alt and the pulley was indeed glazed over and polished slick as glass. Pulled the pulley off and sand blasted it, and so far it's better than ever. No chirping, squealing, slipping, etc.

It would squeal on cold start since I first put the alt on the car, and has progressively gotten worse. I think with the added idler pulley, it'll no longer be an issue.

I hear ya on the belt. has to be long enough to even fit on but short enough to get it tightened. Still slips like a mofo though under load.
Consider doing what I did and add an idler pulley. It couldn't be any easier to do. On the lower bracket where adjustment is made, there's a bolt that holds it to the engine (or a bracket that's held to the engine). Remove bolt and get a longer one that'll work for this. Don't know the exact length, just dug through my bolt bin till I find one that would work. From Advance Auto or Carquest, get part number 89098 (idler pulley with the proper size bushing). You'll have to find a spacer that'll space it out properly. On my application, belt 440k6 was perfect, but I think you said previously you had a large case alt on your car, and not the stock sized small case like I have.

I'll post a pic of the setup shortly...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.