2 12'' Help

Yes i do have a computer... I will run 0 AWG and have a HO Alternator and Second Battery. I have looked into the DC Audio Level Three's> Would you go with the Sundown Audio or the DC Audio?

honestly tough call both are great subs....I don't have enough experience with them to recommend either but my $.02 is that you can't go wrong in a choice between those two...maybe take into consideration recommended enclosure volumes and what room you have for an enclosure.

If you have an SUV....I'd say 15s over 12s, there's just no reason not to. With that electrical you could definately run 15s enough power to do some very impressive air movement.

Don't forget to do the Big 3 that's gonna be crucial to get the most out of that high output alternater. I know you said you'd run 0 gauge/ 1/0 just make sure you have that through the whole way.

Yes i know the Big 3 is a big part. Its an 04 Trailblazer so room isn't an option but I'm afraid 15 won't give me any room to put stuff in the back if i need to

I hear you there that is the 1 down side. Maybe ask around here for a comparison between the level 3s and the sa's from what I understand they are pretty similar and both very well made. With you're electrical maybe go with the SA's just because they can take the power. maybe send them 1000+ RMS and have lucid overhead. I don't know how the DC LVL 3s stack up power handling wise but they may be able to take the abuse too. Jacob from sundown audio and MyLows from DC audio should both have some insight that should be helpful for you.

Cheap amps produce dirty power where the output of the amp is clipped or distorted. The clipped wave causes the sub to not be in motion for a very small frame of time. The coil on the sub will heat up faster because the sub isn't moving and cooling itself off, and after enough time the coil will separate and you have a blown sub.

You can get Level 3's built up with level 4 soft parts that will make them take 1k without issues

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.