2 12'' Help

Probably the reason you don't see many local shops carrying subs like Sundown, DC, and Ascendant are the price tags....Even though all the mentioned subs are worth the price the AVERAGE JOE from the street is NOT going to buy a several hundred dollar sub.....They are going to want the $99 Kicker Comps!!!!

reason you dont know about these subs is they are better than what most shops will sell,which means they dont make as much money off of them, as they would like.i'll give you an example ,pioneer champion 12's cost about $45 each but the shops sell them for 90 - 125 each,GET IT! the company's in question spend all their money on making their products better rather than advertising and making people [like yourself] that dont know any better think that they are the shlt. when they are not.

I never said it was crappy just want something i can buy at my local shop
If you order any products online from SSA you're going to get fantastic customer service. Most likely Better than you'd get at your local shop.

pioneer is not that bad but don't go champion pro u could get some great re *** 12s for the same price or two skar vvxs, write Kevin a email u can get two skar 12s And the perfect enclosure for them for $359 shipped

sundown does have a dealer network. Many dealers just chose to buy from one wholeseller. The don't much care what's the best, just what makes them the most money. Everyones heard of pioneer, so they are easy to sell. (I don't think they have ever really made a good sub Fwiw)

Check on the sundown site for a dealer near you.

What are you going for man? I mean what's the desired effect? SPL, SQ? You wanna just be loud as Hell or you want some sound quality?

Well the Comps are terrible... They were gonna charge me $400 for labor and wires on a 4 channel which is way overpriced!!! Im all about saving some money and getting the best bang for my buck. So please suggest some subs

I want some SPL and some SQ don't want to go completely way overboard but willing to buy second battery, HO Alternator. Not a noob but not an expert so advice is highly appreciated

Well so far I've heard Skars, Sundowns, DC's, all great! Go to Sound Solutions Audio - Quality Car Audio Subwoofers and check out some Dcon's. They're the same price as the Pioneers (probably way cheaper) and you'll be the envy of all your buddies! And that 400 for labor? C'mon man! Decatur is a good size city. There's gotta be someone that can help you waaaay cheaper than that. That shop is taking advantage of you!

Well i actually went to Madison which is a way bigger city. As soon as he quoted me i said "I will think about it" Cause that is crazy!!! I may not know a lot but i know that that is outrageous. Wires are about 100 and labor is about 50-100 depending on what all has to be ran. What model would you suggest?

Model amp or sub? I'm really not the most experienced guy to give my opinion on stuff. There's some really nice guys on here that like helping people. Pro-rabbit is one. Talk to him. He also builds enclosures so he's had a lot of experience with different subs and amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.