HELP Rockford Fosgate P3L-S10

Participant count
  • Participant list

KRN
10+ year member

I just bought a pair of P3L-S10 pre-loaded enclosures. These speakers are said to be internally wired dual voice coils at 4 ohms impedance. Each box only has 1 set of spots to hookup like a single voice coil. With it being internally wired and one set of hookups does the change my total ohms if I were to wire these parallel?...or would it be 2 ohms like it would be if single voice coil? With these speakers being rated at 300 watts RMS and 600 peak how many watts amplifier would be best? 600? 500? I'm really just looking to get the most I can out of these two little guys? Any suggestions?

Are you taking them out of the enclosures and rewiring or just trying to get them down to 2 ohm by tying the wires together into a mono amp?

The P3 "shallow" sub in each enclosure is DVC 2 ohm with the voice coils in series. Wiring the enclosures in parallel results in a 2 ohm impedance to the amp. 600 watts RMS would be about ideal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.