Help picking sub for my amp and listening habits.

Participant count
  • Participant list

IsThisTaken
10+ year member

I just got an amp that does 340@4ohms and 570@2ohms. Now I need to pick a sub. I want to do a single sub. I've narrowed it down to a few. My budget is $150. I listen to a lot of rap when I drive so I want something can handle lows but also classic rock. When it comes to SPL or SQ. Neither one is favored over the other. Since cars are about the least acoustic environment, I'm not after perfect SQ, but I at least want it to sound good. As for being loud, I'm not going to meter it or anything but I want it decently loud. Like 130db or so, hear that is good for a single sub. Buddy is building me a ported box.

Sub choices:

Dcon

AQ SDC2.5

SA-12 (used for 150)

Incriminator audio released the 187s replacement but I cant see it beating the Dcon.

Thanks! The skar is out of my $ range and I heard the obsidian tends to smell and I can't see it topping an SA-12 for the money. By that I mean, I think the SA will cost me about 5 dollars more and from what I read they are pretty similar.

The fight seems to be between the: Dcon, SDC2.5 and SA-12. I'd wire the dcon to run at 4ohms and the SDC and SA at 2ohms. Would there be a big difference between 340 and 570 watts?

From what I know he has built a lot and knows his stuff. So fingers crossed lol.

Thanks! The skar is out of my $ range and I heard the obsidian tends to smell and I can't see it topping an SA-12 for the money. By that I mean, I think the SA will cost me about 5 dollars more and from what I read they are pretty similar. The fight seems to be between the: Dcon, SDC2.5 and SA-12. I'd wire the dcon to run at 4ohms and the SDC and SA at 2ohms. Would there be a big difference between 340 and 570 watts?

From what I know he has built a lot and knows his stuff. So fingers crossed lol.
person is burning the coils which will make any sub stink so its not the subs fault. Its actually a decent sub and is right there with sa's, and skars as far as quality..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.