1999 Ford F-150 Extended Cab Build Log... My attempt at something decent!

how did you mount your speakers on the dash??
I actually took a wire hangar and cut it into 2-foot long pieces. I inserted one end into the pod and folded it in half, so that it wouldn't come out. Then put the other end of the hanger into the dash, and found a nice sturdy bolt. Unbolted it a bit, pulled the hangar tight, and bolted it down.

I'm going to re-do it with something a bit thinner, as the hangar was kind of hard to work with. The pods have a few centimeters of play. They sometimes shift a bit during hard turns.

good looking build
Thanks!

I actually took a wire hangar and cut it into 2-foot long pieces. I inserted one end into the pod and folded it in half, so that it wouldn't come out. Then put the other end of the hanger into the dash, and found a nice sturdy bolt. Unbolted it a bit, pulled the hangar tight, and bolted it down.
I'm going to re-do it with something a bit thinner, as the hangar was kind of hard to work with. The pods have a few centimeters of play. They sometimes shift a bit during hard turns.

Thanks!

I mounted a few thigns to my dash several years ago and find that the dash is plenty sturdy enough to bolt the pods right to it. i pulled it out of the truck bolted them on and then reinstalled the dash. never had a problem. i have since put in kicks and door pods but when i had them up top they never moved a bit. we have the same truck so if ya have any questions let me know

I mounted a few thigns to my dash several years ago and find that the dash is plenty sturdy enough to bolt the pods right to it. i pulled it out of the truck bolted them on and then reinstalled the dash. never had a problem. i have since put in kicks and door pods but when i had them up top they never moved a bit. we have the same truck so if ya have any questions let me know
I was thinking about doing that, but it would require drilling holes in my dash. I'd rather avoid doing that.

I was thinking about doing that, but it would require drilling holes in my dash. I'd rather avoid doing that.
thats the beauty of our trucks. they are VERy popular and now older so they can be found by the dozen at the local salvage yard. when i removed mine from the dash i simply went to the pull it yard got the two peices of the dash i needed and toss out the ones with holes in it. cost me only 30 bucks.

also a high quality industrial velcro will work well. home depot has some that is VERY strong.

thats the beauty of our trucks. they are VERy popular and now older so they can be found by the dozen at the local salvage yard. when i removed mine from the dash i simply went to the pull it yard got the two peices of the dash i needed and toss out the ones with holes in it. cost me only 30 bucks.
also a high quality industrial velcro will work well. home depot has some that is VERY strong.
That cheap, huh? I'll be keeping the truck for a while, so I might just go ahead and drill some holes. How long does it take to remove/reinstall the dashboard?

Wow great looking build man, can't wait for the real subs to get in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Thank you, kind sir. I can't wait either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Still not 100% set on what I'm going to use.

That cheap, huh? I'll be keeping the truck for a while, so I might just go ahead and drill some holes. How long does it take to remove/reinstall the dashboard?
not to long but i will admit it is kind of a pain in the ass. LOTS of screws hold that thing in. but with that said it is not hard at all just a bit time consuming.

well worth the time IMO.

get some more subs and soon it will be like my dash. I can remove the whole thing without removing any screws at all. all the screw tabs and broken form the vibration lol. **** system has ruined my truck. sure was fun though haha

Nice build get rid of those **** knockers you call type r's lmao i cant wait to see the finished install
haha. Actually, I already have a 12" Type R, and I just got an offer to trade those 10's for a pair of 12" Type R's... so soon I will have 3 Type R 12's... I might just pick up one more and run four of them off 3K for a while!

Not really impressed with the SQ coming out of these, though. Perhaps a lower tuned box will help.

Glad to see you on the forums!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.